Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding MMPF0100 erratum (ER19).

Jump to solution
satoshishimoda
Senior Contributor I

Hi community,

I have some questions about MMPF0100 errata.

Please see my questions below.

[Q1]
Please see ER19 in MMPF0100ER (Rev.4.0).
It says "back regulator outputs can glitch high momentarily".
I want to know whether MMPF0100 switching regulators are included to this "back regulator" or not.
The glitch is output from only linear regulators (VGENx)? or output from siwtching regulators (SWx), too?

[Q2]
According to description of ER19, the issue (non-start of all regulators, and output glitch) occurs on the MMPF0100 startup timing.
And does not occur after startup.
Is this correct?

Best Regards,
Satoshi Shimoda

Tags (2)
1 Solution
Joshevelle
Senior Contributor I

Hello Satoshi,

Thanks for using our community. These are the answers to your questions:

[A1] You meant “Buck regulators”, not “back”. Actually, the MMPF0100 has four buck regulators with up to six outputs; they can operate in PFM, APS and PWM switching modes. Therefore, switching regulators rely on the buck regulators; hence the switching regulators would be affected by ER19 too. The glitch is only for the buck regulators, not for VGENx, VGENx regulator might not start only. Please take a look at the MMPF0100 internal block diagram in page 6 of the following document:

http://cache.freescale.com/files/analog/doc/data_sheet/MMPF0100.pdf

[A2] ER19 refers to a startup condition; after the MMPF0100 has been successfully started, ER19 would not be valid. So, you’re correct.

Hope you find them useful, please let me know if I can help any further.

Josh

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Joshevelle
Senior Contributor I

Hello Satoshi,

Thanks for using our community. These are the answers to your questions:

[A1] You meant “Buck regulators”, not “back”. Actually, the MMPF0100 has four buck regulators with up to six outputs; they can operate in PFM, APS and PWM switching modes. Therefore, switching regulators rely on the buck regulators; hence the switching regulators would be affected by ER19 too. The glitch is only for the buck regulators, not for VGENx, VGENx regulator might not start only. Please take a look at the MMPF0100 internal block diagram in page 6 of the following document:

http://cache.freescale.com/files/analog/doc/data_sheet/MMPF0100.pdf

[A2] ER19 refers to a startup condition; after the MMPF0100 has been successfully started, ER19 would not be valid. So, you’re correct.

Hope you find them useful, please let me know if I can help any further.

Josh

0 Kudos
jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Joshevelle, Can you please comment?