Problem Processor Expert configuration, please help me!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Processor Expert configuration, please help me!

Jump to solution
kenansun
Contributor II

Hello! I'm working on the FRDM-K20D50M evaluation board and I use Eclipse-based Processor Expert to create a project.But I've got some troubles with GPIO configuration in the Processor Expert.

I'm trying to set the pin TSI0_CH3/PTA2/JTAG_TDO... as an output port in the GPIO_LDD component, but it tells me that this pin is already used by the CPU.

Capture1.JPG

In the CPU panel, it shows,

Capture.JPG

In fact, what I wanna do is that, when the program runs, this pin should be a GPIO and when I download or debug the program, this pin should work as a JTAG port. Then how to deal with this problem? Please help me!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Petr_H
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

it is possible to share these pins. However, please note that you will not be able to download or debug the application once they are active as GPIO.

In Processor Expert, it's necessary to :

1. go to GPIO or BitIO component where you are using the pin, right-click on the pin and select "Pin sharing enabled".

2. In the GPIO/BitIO component go to Methods tab and enable "ConnectPin" method (you need Advanced view mode)

3. When you want to use the function of the GPIO/BitIO, you need to call ConectPin of the GPIO/BitIO method first.

Best regards

Petr Hradsky

Processor Expert Support Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
kenansun
Contributor II

0 Kudos
Petr_H
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

it is possible to share these pins. However, please note that you will not be able to download or debug the application once they are active as GPIO.

In Processor Expert, it's necessary to :

1. go to GPIO or BitIO component where you are using the pin, right-click on the pin and select "Pin sharing enabled".

2. In the GPIO/BitIO component go to Methods tab and enable "ConnectPin" method (you need Advanced view mode)

3. When you want to use the function of the GPIO/BitIO, you need to call ConectPin of the GPIO/BitIO method first.

Best regards

Petr Hradsky

Processor Expert Support Team

0 Kudos