cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EIM Bus Timing Parameters and Wait States

tom1
Contributor II

Hi,

The synchronous timing parameters for the EIM, shown in the i.MX6 D/Q data sheet in table 37, do not include adjustable signals or wait states(i.e. RADVA, RADVN, RWSC) while the asynchronous timing parameters in table 38 do.

Does that imply that the adjustable signals ans wait states can not be used in synchronous mode?  I assume not because the reference manual mentions both synchronous and asynchronous modes when describing the signals and wait states.

How do I include these adjustable signals and wait states in the timing shown in the data sheet for synchronous accesses?  Do I just add RADVA to WE14?

Thanks,
Tom

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

alejandrolozan1
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

As far as I see and comparing the RM and the DS, the RADVA, RADVN, RWSC values affect both synchronous and asynchronous modes.

Also I notice that both tables compare different parameters. The synchronous one explain parameters in terms of the clock, and the asynchronous one is in terms mostly of the CS. It is not that straight forward to add these values because the parameters are different.

I hope that helps,

Alejandro

0 Kudos

tom1
Contributor II

OK.  I am moving to asynchronous mode accesses on the EIM bus now(because it is impossible to read or write a single word in synchronous mode).

The asynchronous timing is in terms of RADVA, RADVN, etc. so that makes a little more sense.

Tom

0 Kudos