cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

boot error on Ubuntu oneiric

Jump to solution
wenjingyang
Contributor II

When I boot i.mx6 from SD card with Ubuntu oneiric, I got some errors. I have no idea of what it is.

modem-manager[4115]: <info>  ModemManager (version 0.5) starting...

modem-manager[4115]: Could not get the system bus. Make sure the message bus daemon is running! Message: Failed to connect to socket /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: No such file or directory

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
wenjingyang
Contributor II

Dan

I found finally that I misunderstood the steps to burn the ubuntu image. I shouldn't non-GUI cover rootfs by ubuntu demo rootfs. I should unzip the ubuntu demo rootfs just after SD format.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
wenjingyang
Contributor II

Dan

I found finally that I misunderstood the steps to burn the ubuntu image. I shouldn't non-GUI cover rootfs by ubuntu demo rootfs. I should unzip the ubuntu demo rootfs just after SD format.

0 Kudos
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi wenjing,

I am so glad to hear that you have solved this problem. If any questions, create new threads in this community.

Best Regards

Dan

0 Kudos
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi wenjing,

You met "Failed to connect to socket /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: No such file or directory". This is caused by missing package dbus. You can install it when your ubuntu is running .

Hope this can help you~~
Have a great day

Best Regards

Dan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
wenjingyang
Contributor II

Hi, Dan

Thanks for your replay.

During I unzip oneiric.gz, I met several error: "tar: var/run: Cannot open:File exists". So I copy all the unzipped files to var/run on the SD card. After I did it, the error shows unable to connect to system bus: Failed to connect to socket /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: Connection refused.

I found the the size of system_bus_socket is zero. What about your system_bus_socket ?

0 Kudos
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi wenjing,

The size of system_bus_socket is not zero on my ubuntu. I wonder how did you written images to SD card.  I recommend you to download by MFGTool, if error come you can seen clearly.

Best Regards

Dan