Where is USB OTG documentation for i.MX6?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is USB OTG documentation for i.MX6?

Jump to solution
shefft
Contributor IV

I'm looking for a software guide on setting up OTG in host mode.  The reference manual lacks enough information and the Freescale Platform SDK is broken so I need to know where the guide is that explains how to use the OTG port (i.e. how to configure the registers correctly).  Can you Freescale guys points me in the right direction?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
shefft
Contributor IV

Host mode problem is solved.  My Nitrogen6X board has a PMIC for OTG power that needs to be activated using a GPIO pin.  Also, a device must be plugged in for the port to register as enabled in the PORTSC1, which seems weird.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
shefft
Contributor IV

Host mode problem is solved.  My Nitrogen6X board has a PMIC for OTG power that needs to be activated using a GPIO pin.  Also, a device must be plugged in for the port to register as enabled in the PORTSC1, which seems weird.

0 Kudos
SergioSolis
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I see, good to know that for the Nitrogen board !.

0 Kudos
shefft
Contributor IV

What would cause Port Enable to be low when Port Power is high?

0 Kudos
shefft
Contributor IV

The specific problem I'm seeing is the OTG PORTSC1 register PSPD (speed) bits read Undefined.  There is no reason for this, as the init sequence looks fine and the registers look correct.  The sequence works fine for the other host controller ports, and when the Freescale boot ROM sets the OTG up for serial image download, this problem does not occur.

0 Kudos