cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java 8 ME and/or SE (Embedded) support

guydillen
Contributor I

Hi,

Do the K70 [http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=TWR-K70F120M&fsrch=1] as well the Kinetic MCU family, KW2x that includes built in 802.15.4 radio capability http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=TWR-KW2x&parentCode=KW2x&fpsp=1&nodeI... support Java ME 8 and/or SE (embedded) development? Is development for these boards supported in Netbeans IDE and/or Eclipse IDE?

Thanks.

Guy

6 Replies

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Guy:

Freescale has not released  any Java compiler or similar tools, but as Kinetis devices are based on ARM Cortex core processors you can take advantage of the wide ARM ecosystem, and you might find the software that matches your needs with Java.

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

marcomaciel
Contributor II

Hello Jorge.

Do you know where I can find software compatible with Java for K6 series?

I'm trying to create some demos using this platform with Java, but is very hard to find material that covers it.

Best regards. Marco.

0 Kudos

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Marco:

Currently I do not know of any material related to Java, sorry about this.

But I will ask to some of my colleagues and if I get useful information I will let you know.

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

0 Kudos

marcomaciel
Contributor II

Hello Jorge.

I'll appreciate that.

Thanks a lot.

Marco

0 Kudos

PBH
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Marco,

You might want to check out this webcast next week it looks Freescale and Oracle will be announcing Java 8 ME/SE support of some sort (see link below), apologies I do not have the details.

Oracle Webcast

Best Regards,

Pete

0 Kudos

marcomaciel
Contributor II

Thanks Peter.

I will attend that for sure.

Marco.

0 Kudos