AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to configure the DRAM

Question asked by shanmugamsundar on Mar 24, 2014
Latest reply on Apr 1, 2014 by alejandrolozano

Hi all,

I am using IMX6dual processor with 512 MB ddr3  chip MT41K128M16JT-125 for our customized board, how to configure the DDR parameters in u-boot, for 512 mb size, 32 bit bus width and chip select 0,

On my understanding i configured these settings in the file called flash_header.s in mx6q_sabrelite folder by modifying the register MXC_DCD_ITEM(75, MMDC_P0_BASE_ADDR + 0x000, 0x83190000) , is it enough to configure the DDR or i need to configure these in some where else?

RAM:

For the RAM size i configured in the file called    include/configs/mx6q_sabrelite_android.h

// #define PHYS_SDRAM_1_SIZE     (1u * 1024 * 1024 * 1024) orignal for 1gb

#define PHYS_SDRAM_1_SIZE       (1u * 512 * 1024 * 1024)  this is what i modified for 512 mb

NOTE:

And for DDR DCD configuration, i modified the DCD registers with the reference of init script,  which get success for our DDR ram by DDR TEST TOOL

SD CARD:

And for enabling the SD boot , i changed in the same file  include/configs/mx6q_sabrelite_android.h

#define CONFIG_FSL_ENV_IN_MMC   ---> i enabled this in the file

/* #define CONFIG_FSL_ENV_IN_SATA */

// #define CONFIG_FSL_ENV_IN_SF -----> orignal

We are using SD3 slot, for that i changed the corresponding MUX pin settings in the file board/freescale/mx6q_sabrelite/mx6q_sabrelite.c

Is the above settings is ok for enabling the SD boot and DDR configuration or any extra settings needed kindly plz guide me with any suggestion

For your reference herewith i have attached my flash_header.S file kindly find the attachment

Original Attachment has been moved to: flash_header.S.txt.zip

Outcomes