AnsweredAssumed Answered

Compiling FreeRTOS + SMAC Demo for KW21D256: Interrupt problems

Question asked by Rafael Send on Mar 21, 2014
Latest reply on Mar 23, 2014 by Erich Styger

Hello-

I'm relatively new to this, and part of my current task is to port a custom SMAC application to the KW2. As a starting point, I want to run the Connectivity Demo as a task in FreeRTOS. I started with this using Processor Expert: Tutorial: Freedom with FreeRTOS and Kinetis-L | MCU on Eclipse which was relatively easy to move to the TWR-K21D256 board I have.

Now, as I'm adding in components of the Connectivity Test project, I'm getting strange compilation errors. Namely:

"c:/freescale/cw mcu v10.5/cross_tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc-4_7_3/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.7.3/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: RTOSCreationTest.elf section `.interrupts' will not fit in region `m_interrupts'

c:/freescale/cw mcu v10.5/cross_tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc-4_7_3/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.7.3/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: region `m_interrupts' overflowed by 324 bytes"

This is strange to me, as it looks like it's not even trying to place the vector table in the area it's supposed to go (0x00000000 - 0x0000144, right?). Experimentally, I doubled the size of MemoryArea1 in Processor Expert (m_interrupts) to 288 to see what happens. This builds, but obviously doesn't work.

Question is, why is m_interrupts section trying to start elsewhere than zero? There's no bootloader, since the board uses OpenSDA to load code.

Has anyone run into this before, and if so, how to proceed?

Thanks,

Rafael

Outcomes