cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx53 IPU CSI input support ??

josa
Contributor II

Hi

I  have an ADV7180 based board connected to an imx53, i got the ADV7180 registered on the i2c bus, but i don't  get any step further now.

The current kernel drivers seem to have no supprt for the CSI inputs , so i am unable to bind  the ADV7180 to the v4l core drivers.

Anyone out here having a driver to get  the CSI  IPU part working ?

I am using an TX53 module (imx537) and my current kernel is 3.13.0RC7

Using the ADV7180 would be similar like using one of the omnivision cmos sensors.

Anyone here able to help me get this running ?.

Regards Johan

Labels (3)
1 Reply

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,Johan,

The final version of linux bsp for i.mx53 released by freescale is linux 2.6.35, in the bsp version, adv7180 is supported, because there is adv7180 circuit on our automobile sulution based on i.mx53. As for the linux kernel 3.13.0 RC7, we didn't release the BSP based on this kernel. So you will have to debug or test it by yourself. I can just give you some advice about ADV7180 debug based on your current kernel.

At first, you can consider ADV7180 as a camera sensor. It is used to convert CVBS analog signal to digital video, and input digital signal to CSI port on i.mx53.

Sencond, There are 2 key drivers about camera and CSI : adv7180.c and mxc_v4l2_capture.c, the latter is for CSI capture, reading source code can help you understand working flow of capture well.

Third, when adv7180 is successfully drived, you can find a device name "video0" in path /dev/.

Hope my advice can help you !

good luck!

Regards,

Weidong

0 Kudos