cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

opencv ocl module get CL_BUILD_PROGRAM_FAILURE

stevenchiu
Contributor I

hi all,

I would like to run opencv ocl test sample on imx6 qbresd board but always encountered CL_BUILD_PROGRAM_FAILURE as follow

BUILD LOG: convertC3C4: -D GENTYPE4=uchar4

error : syntax error in compiler option string " -D GENTYPE4=uchar4"

unknown file: Failure

C++ exception with description "/home/root/opencv/opencv/modules/ocl/src/cl_programcache.cpp:445: error: (-217) CL_BUILD_PROGRAM_FAILURE in function getOrBuildProgram

" thrown in the test body.

[ FAILED ] OCL_ImgProc/CvtColor.BGR2BGRA/0, where GetParam() = (CV_8U, false) (16 ms)

[ RUN ] OCL_ImgProc/CvtColor.BGR2BGRA/1

Do I have to update any library from FSL?

thank you

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

kellymcdonald
Contributor I

After a bunch of work, I discovered that it would try to compile if you used -DGENTYPE4=uchar4 - only to get complaints about a procedure clamp.

The root of the problem is that OpenCV needs OpenCL1.2 - and the full version, The OpenCL provided by freescale is 1.1 - I suspect that the GPU has limits that will not allow it to run OCL1.2.

Regards,

Kelly

0 Kudos

stevenchiu
Contributor I

Indeed. After the post I still keep working for a very long time and I think we reach the consensus regarding the conclusion.

I am looking for HW alternative now but it seems the ARM based dev-board do not support openCL quite well.

May be we have to wait longer until the HW is ready so we can deploy CV every where cheap and easy.

thank you for your reply. :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos

stevenchiu
Contributor I

hi all,

I really need some help on this, can someone share me a hint?

Also, am I in the right forum? I mean if there is any forum focus on a specific subject like imx6qresd or opencl maybe?

thank you

0 Kudos