cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems with imx287 Linux

mv_shishkov
Contributor II

Hello everybody.

I'm a beginner with Linux. I'm using imx287 for my project. I have downloaded BSP and all relevant documentation. But I have not found there any information how I can use the imx287 SDK for Linux. I mean there is no mention about neither GCC nor TOOLCHAIN, nor IDE. As far as I knw, when I work with IAR, I simply load the processor configuration with all handy libraries into IAR and write program, then I simply download my program through JLINK to the MCU. How can I fulfil these steps here with Linux? What sort of IDE should I use? Where can I get GCC and toolchain? And how can I download my program to the imx287 MCU?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

mv_shishkov
Contributor II

Dan Wang, thank you very much:smileyhappy:

0 Kudos

mv_shishkov
Contributor II

I'm really sorry for my delayed answer, I was on the business trip.

Yes these problems are resolved and here are new ones:

Currently we are developing mini-computer with GUI for the diagnosis of the vehicle electronic systems based on the i.mx28 ARM and the LINUX OS.

I am new with Linux, but I want to comprehend it more thorough and in details.
I have an experience in working with, for example, ATMEL ARM  and IAR. ATMEL provided us with detailed information and plenty of examples for IAR which were proved to work fine and solved lots of problems and failures.
However, I have not found any proper examples and documentation or information, toolchain, libraries for i.mx28.

Would you mind providing us with all required data?

Would you mind also answering these questions:
1) What kind of compilator like IAR should I use for working with i.mx28 to fulfill the assignment?
2) How can I program i.mx28 like I programmed ATMEL ARM with j-link?
3) How can I update Linux kernel drivers and packages?

Please, provide me with all useful and necessary data including application notes and examples.

P.S. I have tried to leave a service request, but the error is always occured when I press the submit button without any eeror code. What is it? And how can it be resolved?

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Maksim,

About create a service request, you need to register a ID in freescale website first, and click on Technical Service Request ,then go on step by step. What you have to do is to fill all the information. If error continues contact us. Hope this can help you~~
Have a great day,
Best Regards

Dan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Maksim,

Towards the questions you mentioned:

1) Now we are using LTIB for i.mx series processors,  and  freescale will release the Yocto soon.

2)About i.mx processors, the USB OTG is used for transfer data and UART for debuging. You can use freescale providing tool MFGTOOL to download images to your board. Which you can download from freescale website, the link is http://http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=MCIMX28EVKJ&fpsp=1&tab=Design_.... It is under Hardware Development Tools-----> Programmers (Flash, etc.)------>IMX_MFG_TOOL.

3)To update linux kernel and packages, you need to modify them in the LTIB, details you can  refer to the document MX28_EVK_Linux_Reference_Manual.pdf.
Have a great day
Dan

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

mv_shishkov
Contributor II

jeanletutor, thank you very much. This is very useful information.

However, Where can I download (the link) this vmware (virtual disk) by freescale?

And  What sort of IDE should I use whether its is Eclipse or smth. else?

mfg_tools works only under windows. How can I do it if I work in Linux virtual machine?

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Maksim,

Have you solved your problem now? If yes, would please help click correct answer or help answer for us. Thanks a lot~~

Best Regards

Dan

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Maksim,

You can download IMX53_QSB_UBUNTU_VM.

About downloading image to target board, you can using mfg_tools or dd commend under windows. But in Linux virtual machine only your host computer can detect the SD card can you using dd commend to download, no other way. The best method is to using mfg_tools.

By the way, the principle of mfg_tools is using dd commend.

Hope this can help you.
Have a great day

Best Regards

Dan

0 Kudos

jeanletutour
Contributor II

Hi Maksim

you can make  a  sd card , using  ./mk_mx28_sd    /dev/sdd   in the  sdk

you can flash memory using mfg_tools under windows 

gss  and toolchain  , is provided in a  vmware image  by freescale .

tool chain isintegrated in it

good luck

0 Kudos