how to get number of clock cycles for an application

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to get number of clock cycles for an application

mehdikarimibiuk
Contributor V

I have a large application that is running on my chip. My chip is MK10DN512Z VLL10.

I have created my application using bareboard in codewarrior and having PE with different components attached to it.

I would like to know how many clock cycles it takes for my application from the beginning to the end?

Is there anyway to measure this?

Thanks

Mehdi

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
4 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

In this case, please use trace feature. see:

http://mcuoneclipse.com/2013/01/13/debugging-arm-cortex-m0-hard-fault-with-mtb-trace/

for detail, see Profiling and Analysis Users Guide.pdf under CW10 install.

------------------------------------------------

this answer is for you. if it answers your question, please click on the "correct answer" button.

Best Regards,

JunZhang

mehdikarimibiuk
Contributor V

I followed the link and so I activated trace and profile in my codewarrior debugger, however, when I do that and start running my program, it seems that whenever I do pause, I can see analysis for my whole application. Is it possible to only see how many clock cycles I made through a section of my application?

For example, I would like to see how many clock cycles it took through the following snippet of my code:

is there anyway to set a clock counter or maybe by stepping through breakpoints (one breakpoint at the beginning and one breakpoint at the end of it) to become aware of the number of clocks it took for this snippet? Please let me know if there is anyway to do this in my debugger or by using software analysis feature.

Thanks

Mehdi

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

you  can set trace points at the start/end line of code that you want to trace.

then in Software Analysis window trace data viewer you will see the information shows that trace starts collecting from the address, where you set start tracepoint, and trace collection stops before the address where you set stop

tracepoint.

for more details, see Profiling and Analysis Users Guide.pdf , Chapter 7. Setting Tracepoints

------------------------------------------------

this answer is for you. if it answers your question, please click on the "correct answer" button.

Best Regards,

JunZhang

mehdikarimibiuk
Contributor V

n/a

0 Kudos