cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zigbee in kinetis

allenlusy
Contributor I

Hello,

I am new to Freescale, I don't know whether this is a correct place to ask about zigbee. My application is based on Zigbee. After some search, i came to know that, freescale support Zigbee pro with BEEStack. I did't get much information. There is a BEEKit, the document tells that it is create a application(what does it mean?it's IDE or compiler). And other document mentioned, kinetis in Zigbee. Since it is not a SOC, is BeeStack is there for kinetis?. Then which Zigbee Tranceiver is used.  BeeStack will support for which contollers/SOCs. Can any body suggest to start withe freescale Zigbee network.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

AngelC
Senior Contributor I

Hello,

BeeStack is the Freescale’s implementation of ZigBee 2007 stack. It is available for free and it is included I our BeeKit Wireless Connectivity Toolkit. If you are not familiar with it, BeeKit is a standalone software application that provides a graphical user interface (GUI) in which the user can create, modify, save, and update wireless network solutions based on FSL protocol stacks. This powerful tool makes a lot easier the usage of the DEMO applications, including the ones pre-loaded in the kits.

Download link: http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=BEEKIT_WIRELESS_CONNECTIVITY_TOOLKIT

Once generated, you could export the project to the corresponding IDE (Codewarrior for HCS08s and IAR for Kinetis and ARM based MCUs).

Regarding to the hardware solutions, you may use the whole ZIgbee Stack in either the MC1323x devices featuring an 8-bit MCU and a transceiver (SOC) or the brand new MKW2x family of devices featuring a Kinetis ARM Cortex M4 32-bit MCU + Transceiver on chip. This could be what you read about. Please visit our website www.freescale.com/kw2x for further details.

I hope this helps.

0 Kudos