Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX6qsabresd GPS driver for WEC

Jump to solution
iker
Contributor II

Hello everybody,

I´m trying to create a WEC driver for the GPS on the iMX6qsabresd board. The GPS used on that board is the Locosys AH-1613 and it works on both Linux and Android. For the moment I have created a simple driver that powers the GPS and sets the configuration to communicate with it: baud rate of 115200, 8 bits of data, 1 bit stop and no parity. The problem is that when the processor starts the communication the GPS answers using an unknown protocol. In the following image you can see part of the communication:

unknown.JPG.jpg

The upper line is the processor to GPS communication and the lower line is the GPS to processor. I know that the command is not complete but the GPS starts answering before it has finished so I think that it is enough.

As it is not working I´ve tried to see how it works in Android and I have a similar problem. I know that the command that I´m sending in the next image is the $PUNV,WAKEUP*2C because I´ve seen it using an Android application but I´m also unable to understand which is the protocol that it is using.

WAKEUP.JPG.jpg

So, can anybody help me? Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 Solution
b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

This "4 00000000" output seems not to be a whole line of any of GPS protocols I met before.

However it may be a part of message that was transfered incomplete.

So please make sure that you reset GPS module right way in your driver.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
sachusanal
Contributor III

Hi Pedrosa ,

I have imx6qsabresd  EVK board with me.i flashed the android  lolipop prebuilt image. in my board also have ocosys AH-1613 driver for GPS .

could you please help me to test GPS working on Android OS.

Awaiting your favourable reply

Regards

Sachu

0 Kudos
narasimma23
Contributor II

Hi,

I can't able to access GPS on Android 5.0 BSP...

Thanks,

Narasimma

0 Kudos
YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Ik

This discussion is closed since no activity. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion, or create another discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos
b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

This "4 00000000" output seems not to be a whole line of any of GPS protocols I met before.

However it may be a part of message that was transfered incomplete.

So please make sure that you reset GPS module right way in your driver.

0 Kudos
iker
Contributor II

The GPS is initialized in the correct way:

1. Power it on, pin GPS_PWREN to 3,15V. This leads to have the pin GPS_RFIN to 3,15V and GPS_VBAT to 1,5V
  2. Wait 50ms
  3. Reset it, first set GPS_RESET to '0' and after 50ms set it to '1' (this pin is denied in the GPS)

From my point of view the reset is correctly done, or at least it is done as stated in the datasheet.

0 Kudos
YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Iker

Had your issue got resolved? If yes, we are going to close the discussion in 3 days. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos