P4080 U-boot flash using Lauterbach Trace32?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P4080 U-boot flash using Lauterbach Trace32?

sumanthmushiger
Contributor III

Hello All,

Unfortunately, I have corrupted the preloaded U-boot flash memory.

Now, P4080 is not communicating over serial device and also the application loaded using Trace32 is not functioning.

Only thing I get whenever I try to access anything is "target reset".

I guess, I need to re-flash U-boot to the NOR memory.

Everyone here is using CW for reflashing, and unfortunately - I cannot use it.

Can I do  it via Lauterbach T32? and the serial communication devices ? If so, please let me know how do I restore to the previous state.

I have download the binary images from - SDKLINUX: Linux® SDK for QorIQ Processors.  (QorIQ Linux SDK v1.5 e500mc Images ISO). How do I proceed ? which binary should I load using the linker script and at what location ?

I just want U-boot to be back working.

Regards,

Sumanth

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
8 Replies

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

From SDK 1.5 e500mc Images, you should use from folder /p4080ds the binary file u-boot-P4080DS-git-r30.bin. I never used Lauterbach T32, but I assume you have the posibility to set the address from where to program a binary. To load u-boot on NOR, you should program it starting with address 0xEFF80000 (the last 512KB of NOR memory).

You can find more information visiting this link.

Adrian

tektronix
Contributor II

Dear Adrian,

I accidentally deleted the u-boot image and I cannot see any console messages. I have found that the there is a Flash programmer in the CW. I have configured it to reprogram but for some strange reason, the execute button is not working. I am using P4080 platform and my SW7 setting is all zeros meaning it will boot from the BANK 0 in the NOR Flash. For flashing using the Debugger and the CodeWarrior do I need to set some other switch too?

0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

For using FlashProgrammer from CW, you need to use an active debug session. Please take a look on Flash Programmer for CodeWarrior Power Architecture​.

Adrian

0 Kudos

tektronix
Contributor II

I am having trouble with this method. Is there any switch configuration that needs to be configured in order to connect the debugger. Right now the SW7[1:4] is set to zero which means default boot is NOR bank 0.

Do you know what switch on the P4080DS selects the NOR/NAND/SDCARD controls the  boot media? I read that the SD-CARD boot is also possible and I have prepared and SD-CARD image but the information about the switch controlling the SD-CARD Vs NOR flash is missing.

0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please refer to Submit Form for information about switch settings for P4080DS.

Adrian

0 Kudos

sumanthmushiger
Contributor III

addiyi Thank you very much for your answer.

Well, I have one more question - I got this response from >Freescale support

"All required images are provided in the QorIQ-SDK-V1.5-PPCE500MC-IMAGE-20131219-yocto.iso which could be downloaded from:
https://www.freescale.com/webapp/Download?colCode=QorIQ-SDK-V1.5-PPCE500MC-IMAGE
The ISO contains complete 128 MB image of the NOR Flash which could be a simple straightforward solution in case  the Flash contents was erased arbitrarily."

Can I just dump this binary (QorIQ_SDK_V1.5_P4080DS_20131219_NOR_Flash.bin) into the NOR memory from the starting address 0xE8000000 using Lauterbach ? and then lock the FLASH and restart the system ?

Regards,

Sumanth

0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The complete image of the NOR flash contain beside the uboot, also the RCW, uImage, hardware device tree, fman ucode, rootfs. To load this image into NOR flash, you should program it from the beginning of NOR (you should set the starting address: 0xE8000000).

Adrian

0 Kudos

sumanthmushiger
Contributor III

Yup, that's exactly what I wanted. I want everything to be in its default state.

I will do it now. And get back to you with the results. Thanks in advance addiyi.

0 Kudos