viewing NFC SRAM buffer in memory browser doesn't work?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

viewing NFC SRAM buffer in memory browser doesn't work?

Jump to solution
bowerymarc
Contributor V

I'm trying to view the SRAM in the NFC peripheral on the TWR-K60F120M board with CW 10.5, and it's just showing question marks...

Address is 0x400A8000, and trying to view it after the NFC peripheral is up and running.  The program seems to read/write/copy/DMA the memory OK, just the debugger has issues...  seems like this should work, no?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Marc,

I've created a SR for this problem.

I propose you to use the SR to track the issue.

I will send you an email soon.

Have a great day,
Pascal

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Marc,

Just to know if you've solved this problem or you need assistance.

Be aware the MCU V10.6 has been released last week.

You can download an evaluation on the web site:

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=CW-MCU10

I recommend you to sign the news letter for the product.

Via the web site:

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=CW-MCU10

Click on Subscribe

Regards

Pascal

0 Kudos
bowerymarc
Contributor V

I have a project deadline, no way I'm going to change my toolchain right now.  Are you saying this specific issue has been fixed in 10.6?

What I have noticed with CW10.5 is that I have this problem with the TWR-K60F120M board using USBDM, but on my custom hardware with a K20F120M, using a Segger/IAR J-Link, I can see the NFC buffers.  That's a clue.

0 Kudos
trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Marc,

It seems you I've posted several threads in community related to the NFC.

To resume:

-> K20F120M + Segger + IAR development tool = you can see NFC buffers

-> TWR-K60F120M + OSBDM + CW for MCU V10.5 = you can not see NFC buffers

Am I right or I'm missing something ?

Have a great day,
Pascal

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
bowerymarc
Contributor V

Hi Pascal,

Yes, I've been posting the issues I'm running into as I prepare a product which relies on the NFC performing efficiently.  I wish there were fewer reasons to post!

Your assessment above is essentially correct, except that the JTAG debugger is called J-Link 2, it's sold by IAR but actually is designed and the firmware inside it is from Segger.  In both cases I'm using the same exact CW 10.5 for decvelopment.

Thanks,

Marc

0 Kudos
trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Marc,

sorry for delay.

You're using CW for MCU V10.5 for both case.

So you're using:

-> K20F120M + J-link + CW for MCU v10.5 = you can see NFC buffers

-> TWR-K60F120M + OSBDM + CW for MCU V10.5 = you can not see NFC buffers

Did you tried the following:

TWR-K60F120M + J-Link + CW for MCU V10.5

I don't have background regarding Nand Flash Controller and I don't find lot of  information about it.

Have a great day,
Pascal

0 Kudos
bowerymarc
Contributor V

Hi Pascal,

No I didn't try that combination.  The Jlink-2 has a 0.1" IDC header, and the JTAG header on the TWR board is an 0.050" header.  I would need an adaptor, which I don't have.

You can find out alot abou the NFC from the K20 and K60 reference manuals, and AN4348.  The reference manuals have the memory map, but I posted the relevant base address of the 9KB buffer.

Regards,

Marc

0 Kudos
trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Marc,

In fact I've used a wrong board based on TWR-K60D100M.

Unfortunately this device doesn't have NFC module.

I've performed some tests with a TWR-K70F120M based on PK70FN1M0.

This device has NFC module.

Delivered on the MCU V10.5, I've found an example for NFC using Processor Expert for this device.

I've tried on my side the the NFC are displayed under Memory view ...

on register ...

To access this example on MCU V10.5.

You must:

- Help + Welcome

- Select Example Project

- Select Processor Expert Kinetis Example Projects

- scroll down to NFC.

Have a great day,
Pascal

0 Kudos
bowerymarc
Contributor V

Hi Pascal,

I'm glad you finally figured out which chip has an NFC controller.

Your test has a problem though, you are viewing memory locations that are not part of the NFC memory buffer.   Please check the reference guide under "NFC Buffer Memory Space" for the ranges, or see my original post.

Given your current setup, please open a "Memory Browser" window, and enter the address 0x400A8000 and post your result.

Thanks,
Marc

0 Kudos
trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Marc,

Sorry for delay.

Due to May 1st, lot of countries are 1 or 2 days off.

I think I'm on right way ...

I've checked it on my side for OSBDM and J-link interface (same board and project).

For OSBDM no values are displayed in memory.

Is it the problem ?

Pascal

0 Kudos
bowerymarc
Contributor V

Hi Pascal,

For OSBDM the normal RAM area is visible in the Memory Browser, but the NFC buffer RAM (starting 0x400A8000) is not.

Best,
Marc

0 Kudos
trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Marc,

I've created a SR for this problem.

I propose you to use the SR to track the issue.

I will send you an email soon.

Have a great day,
Pascal

0 Kudos
bowerymarc
Contributor V

got it, thanks.

0 Kudos