cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Booting i.MX6SoloLite from a 1.8V NOR FLASH on EIM interface

Jump to solution
nathanpalmer
Contributor IV

It looks like the default voltage for the EIM interface is NVCC33_IO and I have a 1.8V FLASH device.  Is there any recourse here?  I can't boot to change the LVE bits.

I see the design notes say that I can power the 3.3V rail to 1.8V and then bump it up after I set the LVE values for the IOs, but there are some problems there:

1) I am using the PF0100 PMIC that has the correct power up sequence for my chip.  I have already had to get a new PMIC (F3 version) to work around an errata on the imx6sl.  I don't see how to make that chip power up the NVCC33_IO to the 1.8 in the right sequence

2) I could switch to a 3.3V FLASH, but I have other 1.8V devices on the EIM interface

Has anyone successfully booted an iMX6SL from a 1.8V NOR FLASH? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
nathanpalmer
Contributor IV

There are eFUSEs (EIM BOOT VOLTAGE) for setting the initial voltage for these pins.  See the Boot Fusemap in the iMX6SL Reference Manual.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
nathanpalmer
Contributor IV

There are eFUSEs (EIM BOOT VOLTAGE) for setting the initial voltage for these pins.  See the Boot Fusemap in the iMX6SL Reference Manual.

0 Kudos
YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Nathan

We are sorry for getting back to you so late. Are you still stuck with the issue? If you have somehow resolved the issue, can we close the discussion? If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos