cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem of Start-up Sequence

myunghoonji
Contributor I

Hi.

I designed my board which is based on SABRE-SDB.

I saw the this problem both on my board and on SABRE-SDB.

I have a problem that SABRE-SDB is not progressed on a normal Start-up Sequence as Figure 6. Default Start-up Sequence in PF0100 datasheet at times.

I captured in normal Start-up and in unusual Start-up using oscilloscope.

At this time,it is turned on the D1(LED), but is turned off the D2(LED) on SABRE-SDB.

Please let me know what is the problem? and How to do debug?

Good_PowerOn.bmp

< Normal Start-up >

NotGood_PowerOn.bmp

< Unusual Start-up >

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

We are aware of a boot up issues on the MMPF0100 on revisions Pass1.0 through Pass1.2, typically if power is removed from the board and reapplied within ~ 2 minutes. On MMPF0100 revision Pass2.0 this issue was corrected. For more details, see the PMPF0100 ERRATA, Issue #ER19: http://cache.freescale.com/files/analog/doc/errata/MMPF0100ER.pdf

Just make sure that you have a new revision of the MMPF100 or you would need the workaround mentioned in the errata document.

*And just as a quick note: the SABRE SDB does not follow the default sequence given in Figure 6 of the datasheet, SABRE SDB uses F0 sequence.

Regards,

Jose

0 Kudos