cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd Ethernet using i.MX6?

durmus
Contributor IV

Hello Community,

I want to implement a 2nd ethernet port along with 10/100 Mbps feature (rgmii) on my design based on i.MX6 processor.

I thought I could use one of the integrated USB Host Controllers for this purpose. I do not want to use USB Host1 Core since

I already have USB ports on my design using this core. Host2 and Host3 cores seemed perfect for me since they directly have HSIC interface.

And with a HSIC-to-Ethernet converter like LAN9730, it would be easy. But then I realized that USB Host2 and Host3 signals (data and strobe)

share the same pads with RGMII_TXC, RGMII_TX_CTL, RGMII_RXC and RGMII_RX_CTL signals which are used in RGMII interface.

Can I still somehow implement a 2nd ethernet port with the above method? Or maybe are there any other methods you can suggest to implement

a 2nd ethernet port?

Thanks.

Labels (5)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Unfortunately it is as you mentioned: The PADS for the ENET module and HSIC are shared and thus you cannot use both the Ethernet Module and the HSIC module simultaneously.

I would suggest using one of the available uSDHC interfaces or even a regular USB interface to add a second Ethernet module.