How to configure the MMAxxKW sensor to get the acceleration data(g-value) on any axis.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure the MMAxxKW sensor to get the acceleration data(g-value) on any axis.

sivadhanekula
Contributor I

Dear all,

Recenlty I have started using MMA6813BKW dual axis SPI sensor. I need to calculate the g-value out of this sensor and I am trying to configure it as below.

• Vcc supplied with 3.3v
  • VREG and VREGA are connected to center plate with 1uf cap, VSS is given to ground
  • MOSI, MISO, CLK and CS are connected to SPI tool.

I have configured the sensor according to the details given in the data sheet page num: 45, sec: 4.1. I requested the raw acceleration data out from x-axis, unsigned and with odd parity. based on the above configuration I send the SPI MOSI

command as 0x3004 (I send only this command 4times, no other configuration made) as a response MISO I am getting only 0x0E00, even if I move the sensor in all directions.

Can you please support me on the following topics,

1. -Is the configuration I made correct? if not what I have to configure additionally.
  2. -Is the single MOSI command enough to get the acceleration data?
  3. -Do I additionally need anything other than the mentioned details to have acceleration data at least on one axis.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

3 Replies

Pascal_BERNARD
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Information (hardware and source code) is available at Automotive Sensors Tower System Module Freescale (http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=TWR-SENSOR-PAK-AUTO&tid=m32TWR).

Refer driver for MMA6800 or MMA6500.

Many Thanks,

Pascal

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Siva Dhanekula,

Please take a look at the Scott James Answer in the following thread: How to configure the MMA68xxKW sensor to get the acceleration data(g-value) on any axis.

Regards,

Jose

0 Kudos

Wlodek_D_
Senior Contributor II

Dear Siva Dhanekula,

Thank you for your post, however please consider moving it to the right community place (e.g. Sensors) for better visibility.

For details please see general advice https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-99909

Thank you for using Freescale Community.

Regards,

Wlodek_D.

0 Kudos