cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem getting started with MPC56xxS Software Graphics Library

Jump to solution
fieroluke
Contributor II

I am trying to flash some of the MPC56xxS Software Graphics Library (LibsV2_0R46) Lab exercises on my 5606S board, and I keep getting an error 18.

I removed the QSPI section from the LCF file, and the project compiles fine then, but programming fails with "Programming address $   Error - out of memory".

The erase works fine too.

A different (small) application flashes fine, so the board and processor are okay.

I'm using CW MPC56xx 2.9.

Does anyone have any hint as to what might be the cause for this?  I'm sure there's a simple explanation...

Oliver

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

There can be several reasons for “Error 18”. I have already met the following:

- your license for CodeWarrior was limited – check the restricted C-code and data size of your license.

- s-record file contains records that does not belong to flash – check the linker file if everything is ok.

- censored device. This is not your case for sure.

Regards,

Petr

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

There can be several reasons for “Error 18”. I have already met the following:

- your license for CodeWarrior was limited – check the restricted C-code and data size of your license.

- s-record file contains records that does not belong to flash – check the linker file if everything is ok.

- censored device. This is not your case for sure.

Regards,

Petr

0 Kudos
fieroluke
Contributor II

Thanks, you are correct!

Turns out the license was indeed limited - at least the flash utility was, it's the 128K version.

I had assumed that a demo that only contained the lib and not much else would be within the 128K limit. It was not.

In any case, the error message was a bit misleading, a "feature not licensed" or "file exceeds 128K" would have been more meaningful than "error 18 - out of memory". Oh well.

I have to get the unlimited version now...

anyway, thanks again for your quick help!

0 Kudos