Implementing small HTTP and File server with TWR-MCF51CN128

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementing small HTTP and File server with TWR-MCF51CN128

maurodivito
Contributor I

Hello, I've been trying to setup a HTTP Fileserver with the TWR-MCF51CN128.

What I need to do is show a simple graphic user interface in the home page with data collected with the MCU, plus a button to download a .txt file with raw data inside.

I started with the security_webserver example project, but it uses the Trivial File System, which is read-only, and i need to update the .txt file in real time.

So tried to replace the TFS with the MFS, but apparently it's libraries are too heavy and wont fit in the MCF51CN's 128KB Flash Memory.

I've been trying to reduce the code size here and there, but apparentrly it isn't enough and I wouldn't like to have such a small margin.

So, my question is:

Is there a way to implement a smaller, writable file system so that it will fit the  MCF51CN's 128KB Flash Memory?

Thanks in advance to any clue to how to solve this problem. And I apologize for my english. Also, Im kind of new working with MCU's so it's very likely i've been missing something.

EDIT: Im using MQX 3.8

0 Kudos
1 Reply

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mauro,

To be honest it would be best to move to a Kinetis K60 device.  Yes is cost a little more but provides many more resources including much much more RAM and much more performance.

K60_100: Kinetis K60 Ethernet Crypto 100 MHz MCUs

The MCF51CN128 has only 24KBytes RAM and its support within MQX has been deprecated as of MQX4.0.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos