cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trace with PE-Micro TraceLink and K20DX256VLL7

Jump to solution
sven_kaemmer
Contributor III

We bought a trace link (PE Micro) and I am trying to trace my Kinetis K20 software. But unfortunately I can in the debug configuration in the area of trace and profile not select the button Trace link.

9963_9963.jpgK20_No_TraceLink.jpg

Can everyone help me?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
1 Solution
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Kaeven:

I think the connection is not allowing you to choose the Tracelink option. In your image I can only see connections for OSJTAG, but not for Tracelink.

The attached video shows how to create a new connection and select Tracelink as the debug tool. Please give it a try.

Hope this helps!

Regards!
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Kaeven:

I think the connection is not allowing you to choose the Tracelink option. In your image I can only see connections for OSJTAG, but not for Tracelink.

The attached video shows how to create a new connection and select Tracelink as the debug tool. Please give it a try.

Hope this helps!

Regards!
Jorge Gonzalez

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
sven_kaemmer
Contributor III

Hello Jorge,

thanks for your quick reply. Your assumption is correct. The micro-controller I use (MK10DX256VLL7) does not have the trace interface for ARM ETM, which is necessary for the traces with TraceLink (PE-Micro).

Regards!

Sven Kaemmer