Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with USBCDC PE example for K40

Jump to solution
andyfoxx
Contributor II

Hello,

I've been trying to get the USBCDC Processor Expert example to work on the KwikStik-K40 and it seems to have issues. It enumerates successfully and works successfully for the first keystroke (using Hyper Terminal). But the USB controller on the K40 stops responding after this. It only seems to occur on Host to Device USB messages. I've had a similar issue with USB HID on both the K21 and the K40 using the USB Stack.

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I have tried to run USB Device CDC PE project of USB stack v4.1.1 with KwikStik-K40(Rev.5) board, which works on KwikStik-K40 board. There only need do a very few change and run that demo based on that project.

KwikStik-K40 board use 4MHz crystal as PLL refer clock, there only need to change external refer clock at PE CPU component.

More detailed info, please check attached picture.

PE CPU component setting.jpg

I use the USB Device DCD PE project located at USB Stack V4.1.1 default installtion path:

C:\Freescale\Freescale USB Stack v4.1.1\ProcessorExpert\Examples\Device\CDC\USB_CDC_DEVICE_K40_PEx

Please check below picture about the virtual serial port info:

Virtual Serial info.jpg

Wish it helps.

Best regards,

Ma Hui

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I have tried to run USB Device CDC PE project of USB stack v4.1.1 with KwikStik-K40(Rev.5) board, which works on KwikStik-K40 board. There only need do a very few change and run that demo based on that project.

KwikStik-K40 board use 4MHz crystal as PLL refer clock, there only need to change external refer clock at PE CPU component.

More detailed info, please check attached picture.

PE CPU component setting.jpg

I use the USB Device DCD PE project located at USB Stack V4.1.1 default installtion path:

C:\Freescale\Freescale USB Stack v4.1.1\ProcessorExpert\Examples\Device\CDC\USB_CDC_DEVICE_K40_PEx

Please check below picture about the virtual serial port info:

Virtual Serial info.jpg

Wish it helps.

Best regards,

Ma Hui

0 Kudos
andyfoxx
Contributor II

Thanks for your response. It turns out changing the host PC fixed my issues. This by itself is interesting as other CDC devices work with the host PC.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos