cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create the .afx executable file

sivakumarananth
Contributor I

Hi all,

I am unable to create the .afx file in my project. Dont know where I am making the mistake. I have created the project using the Freescale Compiler. I am unable to get the .elf file or .afx file, after the build process I am only getting the following files in the Flash folder. " 720.args, makefile, makefile.local, objects.mk, sources.mk ".

Kindly Help !!!! ASAP

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello:

In case the compilation throws errors, then the .afx will not be created. Are you able to compile with no errors?

Also, please select your project and go to Project -> Properties -> C/C++ build -> Settings -> Build Artifact, and verify that you have something like the next:

afx.png

Hope this helps!

/Jorge Gonzalez

0 Kudos

sivakumarananth
Contributor I

Dear Jorge,

Thanks for your reply, Everything is set in the right manner. I am just doing a sample project and I am unable to create the .afx file or .elf file. If its possible, Can you send me any sample project with step by step screenshots which creates a .afx file or .elf file ?

0 Kudos

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Siva:

There is not much science to generate afx, just create project and build. Please follow the procedure on the attached video with a new and empty project. If this does not work, then something is definitely wrong with your CodeWarrior installation.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

sivakumarananth
Contributor I

Hi Jorge,

I am unable to see any video in your last reply. Please update it with that video link or video.

Thanks

Siva Kumar A

0 Kudos

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello:

The video is attached to my reply. I guess you see my message from the inbox. Enter directly to the thread and you will see the video at the bottom of my reply.

Regards!

Jorge

0 Kudos

sivakumarananth
Contributor I

Hi Jorge,

Thank You very much I have done in the procedure of the video you shared, all steps are same and after building no binaries or .afx file are created. But every other files are created as in the video. What is the issue now ? Screen shot is attached for your reference.

Regards,

Siva Kumar A error of the .afx.jpg

0 Kudos

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Well, that is really really strange, so I have no answer, sorry. But off the top of my head:

- Administrator (read/write) privileges over the CodeWarrior installation *and* the folder where your workspace is.

- Workspace name contains special characters.

- Try removing the .metadata folder or even better a new workspace (again, without special characters)

- If you have antivirus, try disabling it temporarily while you build your project.

- As last resource, I would go with a complete reinstall.

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

Regards,
(my name)

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos