cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Qt5.2.1 / WebKit2 running on i.MX6q ?

nicolasbertin
Contributor II

Hi,

I've build Qt5.2.1 for imx6qsabresd board, based on a yocto sysroot (master branch). I'm able to run most Qt

examples, including the Qt5_cinematic_experience.

Now, my focus is on WebKit:

- examples (fancybrowser, QtTestBrowser) based on WebKit1 are OK = web content is displayed correctly

- examples based on WebKit2 are not OK = web content is not displayed, even if the 2 processes (UI and

QtWebProcess are running).

a) flickrview

only the thumbnails are shown and the content (where the selected image is supposed to be) stays empty

b) MiniBrowser (WebView qml element)

only the browser ui (reload button, back button, url bar, etc) is shown while the loaded page is not

I'd like to know if some you are experiencing the same kind of issues and/or have managed to make WebKit2

working on their platform?

Labels (4)
6 Replies

j_serra
Contributor I

Hi, have you solved this problem?

Regards.

0 Kudos

nicolasbertin
Contributor II

Not at all...

The only thing I can say is that WebKit2 is really running behind the scene but unfortunately, nothing is

displayed. I believe it can be a problem or something related to the EGL implementation, maybe around

buffers sharing...

0 Kudos

j_serra
Contributor I

Ok. Thanks for your reply. Maybe someone else find out a solution... its your image using X11 or are you using eglfs? I'm very interested on using a hardware optimized webkit2 on i.mx6.

0 Kudos

nicolasbertin
Contributor II

Yes...I hope also that someone can help.

My image is using EGL and the QPA is eglfs. Someone on the yocto fsl mailing list answered that the same issue

exists with his X11 image (debian).

0 Kudos

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Nicolas

Had your issue got resolved? If yes, we are going to close the discussion in 3 days. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos

nicolasbertin
Contributor II

Hi,

Solved partially:

Reference: https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/meta-freescale

"QtWebProcess seems to require a certain pixelformat of the framebuffer. In order to get it displaying properly I pass

fbpix=BGR32 on the kernel command line"

= this works well with Qt5.1.1 (tested with meta-qt5 dora branch)

= this doesn't work with Qt5.2.1 but if you replace the qtwebkit (r153112) with the Qt5.1.1 qtwebkit (r136242) it's OK.

There are 2 patches to apply (https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/meta-freescale/2014-April/008013.html)

Nicolas

0 Kudos