cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tamper detection in iMX6Q processor

vsv
Contributor III

Hi,

There is a specific pin called TAMPER in iMX6Q processor that is also mentioned in the RM for the processor. There is no mention of how to use the pin in the RM. We are trying to implement some functionality to protect our appliance.

If there are additional details available for using this or configuring this, can that be provided?

Thanks

Vasan

Labels (2)
8 Replies

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,vasan,

Please download i.mx6 security reference manual from http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=i.MX6Q&nodeId=018rH3ZrDRB24A&fpsp=1&t...

tamper.png

You can get messages that you want.

Regards,

Weidong

vsv
Contributor III

Hi Weldong,

Thanks much for your prompt reply. Appreciate it much.

This document is locked for access. Can a soft copy of this document be provided please here in this forum?

Regards

Vasan

0 Kudos

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Vasan,

You can try to download it, then operate each step according to prompt, Perhaps you will be required to input FAE's email address, at the time you can try to input my email weidong.sun@freescale.com, If it can be passed, 1 or 2 days later, e-bussiness will send a link address to me for downloading the document, then I forward this email to you. you will be authorized to download it.

So please tell your email address here !

Regards,

Weidong

0 Kudos

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,Vasan,

Did you do what I described in last reply ?

Regards,

Weidong

vsv
Contributor III

Hi Weidong,

Thanks for your concern and enquiry. We had made use of the local FAE to get this done. We do have this document with us now.

The document was having sufficient details for us to make use of the tamper functionality and I should say it was excellently documented. When we enable external tamper bit (EXT1_EN) in SNVS_LPTDCR register and drive the voltage externally from a button, we see that the SNVS_LPSR register shows that the tamper has happened.

We would like to clarify another requirement from you: The above case helps to detect tamper when the tampering happens at the time of start of the appliance. However, we are implementing a functionality in our appliance where a tamper detection is detected when the appliance is IN USE as well. Is there an interrupt mechanism for SNVS_LP Tamper functionality that we can make use of? If so, please let us know how this can be enabled and configured to meet this requirement.

Thanks in advance for your help

Vasan

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Basically External Tampering should always work, as External Tampering is enabled in SNVS_LPTDCR register.

0 Kudos

vsv
Contributor III

weidong.sun / YuriMuhin_ng

Can you please throw some light on the above comment? Your inputs would be very helpful for us to complete the implementation and demonstrate it to our customer.

Thanks

Vasan

0 Kudos

vsv
Contributor III

weidong.sun

Can you or someone in your team respond to this query?

Thanks

Vasan

0 Kudos