CPRI configurations in external loopback mode

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPRI configurations in external loopback mode

thanhpham
Contributor II

I am newbie on using CodeWarrior and Freescale B4860 board. While configuring and deploying a test with CPRI external loopback, I got a trouble relating setup VSC 3316 mux table (described in B4860 CPRI multicore demo) and configure the RCW. For details, I can not find any information about the  VSC 3316 mux table in any Freescale specification document. Hence it is hard for me to change the table setting. About the Reset Configuration Word (RCW), could anyone list here the steps to change the value in 512 bits of it ? Which tools should I use ? I guess that the only way to change RCW is using Flash Programmer, is it right ?

Thanks a lot.

BRs,

Thanh Pham

Labels (1)
9 Replies

lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I assum you are using B4860QDS and the SDOS demo "cpri_multicore".

For the VSC3316 MUX setting, I guess you want 4 lanes of CPRI (with Serdes1 protocol to be 0xD) to SFPs, and the others to AMC, am I right? Please confirm.

What is data rate goal? Please clarify and I'll provide required setting.

You can also write direct message to me.

thanhpham
Contributor II

Hi lunminliang,

Yes, you are right. I'm trying to run SmartDSP OS demo "cpri_multicore" for CPRI external loopback mode on B4680QDS board.

For external loopback mode, as described in "cpri_multicore/readme.txt", we must configure VSC3316 mux table to route CPRI lanes out.

My expected link rate is 9.83GHz. I have been configured Serdes1 as 0x0D and Serdes2 as 0x49 correctly using QorQ Configuration Suite.

Could you please provide me the appropriate setting, the required tools and the steps to make the setting available ?

BRs and Thanks,

Thanh Pham

0 Kudos

lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

How about the CPRI lanes? Serdes1 as 0x0D means 8 CPRI lanes over SerDes1, QDS has only four dedicated SFPs for CPRI optical, do you want rest four lanes to AMC? The QDS has electrical limitation to run eight lanes over VSC3316 switch at highest speed 9.8GT/sec.

0 Kudos

thanhpham
Contributor II

Hi lunminliang,

I only want to use one CPRI lane to connect two QDS board for transmitting IQ signals between them. Another scenario is connect two CPRI lanes of the same board using optical cable, one lane for transmitting and the other for receiving IQ signals.

0 Kudos

lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thank you, so I think 4 lanes to SFP and the rest to AMC is OK for you.

By the way I sent a direct message to you please check.

thanhpham
Contributor II

Hi Lunmin,

Can you show me how to configure 8 CPRI Serdes lanes as 4 SFP and 4 AMC with VSC3316 Cross-Switch?

I also sent my email address, please check it in your inbox.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos

lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I've created a Service request for you please check your email.

0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

For RCW configuration is recommended to use QorIQ Configuration Suite. This tool will allow you to change any bit value, then export as a binary and use Flash Programmer to load it on board. Also, if on your board you have a running u-boot, you can load the new RCW binary using it.

Adrian

thanhpham
Contributor II

Hi Adrian,

Thanks a lot for your information. I will try and hopefully it works :smileyhappy:,

Thanh Pham

0 Kudos