AnsweredAssumed Answered

KL25 to KL26 migration/feature change guide ?

Question asked by Werner Almesberger on Feb 21, 2014
Latest reply on Feb 27, 2014 by Hui_Ma

Is there any document that describes the differences between KL25 and KL26 at a level comparable to the Reference Manuals ?

So far, I have found the following differences between KL25-RM-KL25P80M48SF0RM and KL26-RM-KL26P121M48SF4RM:

- addition of I2S (which, ironically, is also advertised in the KL25 RM),

- port C is now interrupt-capable (only two more ports to go ! :-),

- can select pull-up or pull-down (KL25: only pull-up),

- there is a new clock trim bit (LSB) MCG_C2.FCTRIM,

- another crystal oscillator (OSC1) is briefly mentioned in the MCG section but then never spoken of again,

- likewise, there is an MCG_Lite that is mentioned only once (not sure if this is simply meant to refer to a specific mode of operation of the MCG),

- SPI can now also do 16 bits,

- UART1 and UART2 are no longer mentioned in section 2.4/2.2 but they still have their own chapter and the data sheet mentions them as well (including pin assignments),

- a voltage reference apparently separate from the DAC is mentioned but never explained,

- larger memories and different package options.

Note: these are differences i found in the documentation. I didn't actually try to use them.

Surprisingly, the "Multipurpose Clock Generator (MCG) block diagram" (figure 24-1 in the KL25 RM) seems to have vanished. I think without it I could never have figured out all the twists and turns clock generation takes ...

- Werner

Outcomes