Is there any document that describes the differences between KL25 and KL26 at a level comparable to the Reference Manuals ?
So far, I have found the following differences between KL25-RM-KL25P80M48SF0RM and KL26-RM-KL26P121M48SF4RM:
- addition of I2S (which, ironically, is also advertised in the KL25 RM),
- port C is now interrupt-capable (only two more ports to go ! :-),
- can select pull-up or pull-down (KL25: only pull-up),
- there is a new clock trim bit (LSB) MCG_C2.FCTRIM,
- another crystal oscillator (OSC1) is briefly mentioned in the MCG section but then never spoken of again,
- likewise, there is an MCG_Lite that is mentioned only once (not sure if this is simply meant to refer to a specific mode of operation of the MCG),
- SPI can now also do 16 bits,
- UART1 and UART2 are no longer mentioned in section 2.4/2.2 but they still have their own chapter and the data sheet mentions them as well (including pin assignments),
- a voltage reference apparently separate from the DAC is mentioned but never explained,
- larger memories and different package options.
Note: these are differences i found in the documentation. I didn't actually try to use them.
Surprisingly, the "Multipurpose Clock Generator (MCG) block diagram" (figure 24-1 in the KL25 RM) seems to have vanished. I think without it I could never have figured out all the twists and turns clock generation takes ...