Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SABRE SDP MX6DL Android r13.4.1 Boot Issue

Jump to solution
durmus
Contributor IV

Hi all,

I've recently received a SABRE SDP (IMX6DL). An SD Card with Android r13.4.1 image is also provided in the box.

I've inserted the SD card into SD3 socket and connected the power supply. A Freescale logo appears on the display but nothing more.

Then I connected USB debug cable, reset the board and observed the boot log via HyperTerminal (attached).

The last line is:

Freeing init memory: 220K

And it seems to get stuck there. I've searched it, come across with some issues. But none of them seems to be applicable.

Can someone identify the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Original Attachment has been moved to: SABRESDP-Boot-Log.txt.zip

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
durmus
Contributor IV

If anyone is interested in this, I have come to the conclusion that the SD card was corrupted. I reformatted it using i.MX6DL_SDB_SD_Demo_Image.exe on Windows (just select Physical Drive rather than Removable).

Then the demo image booted just fine. Here are some topics that might be helpful:

Problem with i.MX6Q_SDB_SD_Demo_Image.exe

Mfgtools does not create Android SD card similar to one provided in kit

MX6Q-SDB - installing Linux (Win user)

i.MX6DL SABRE platform prebuilt Android jb4.2.2 image issue

Cheers.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
durmus
Contributor IV

If anyone is interested in this, I have come to the conclusion that the SD card was corrupted. I reformatted it using i.MX6DL_SDB_SD_Demo_Image.exe on Windows (just select Physical Drive rather than Removable).

Then the demo image booted just fine. Here are some topics that might be helpful:

Problem with i.MX6Q_SDB_SD_Demo_Image.exe

Mfgtools does not create Android SD card similar to one provided in kit

MX6Q-SDB - installing Linux (Win user)

i.MX6DL SABRE platform prebuilt Android jb4.2.2 image issue

Cheers.

0 Kudos