Did you mean: 

How to configure Vybrid SCI0 as serial terminal

Jump to solution
abdulnihad
Contributor III

Hi,

JTAG:  DSTREAM

IDE: DS-5

We are facing some issue on configuring vybrid SCI0 (PTB10 and PTB11) as serial terminal both on vybrid tower and our custom platform.

By default MQX uses SCI1(PTB4 and PTB5) as serial port in vybrid tower system. How to enable SCI0 as serial RS232 port in vybrid tower system?. Our custom board uses SCI0 as serial terminal.  So I tried to validate the SCI0 on vybrid tower system

In vybrid tower system We need to configure SCI0 as a serial port. The pin used is

B15 ----- SCI0_TX (I have connected RS232 to USB TTL convertor probe on TP12 )

D14 ----- SCI0_RX (I have connected RS232 to USB TTL convertor probe on TP14 )

When I run hello world sample application, it is not printing anything on console.

Modification I have done in MQX to configure SCI0 as serial port as below. Also let me know if I miss some thing on configuration

twrvf65gs10_a5.h

------------------------------------------------------

#define BSP_DEFAULT_IO_CHANNEL                        "ttya:"
#define BSP_DEFAULT_IO_CHANNEL_DEFINED

user_config.h
----------------------
#define BSPCFG_ENABLE_TTYA       1
  #define BSPCFG_ENABLE_ITTYA      1
#define BSPCFG_ENABLE_TTYB       0
#define BSPCFG_ENABLE_ITTYB      0

Thanks

Nihad

Tags (3)
1 Solution
juangutierrez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I have connected the scope in TP12 and ground and I'm able to see the signal with timeslices of 8.6us (baudrate = 115200) as expected.

I just modified the hello.c file to send an 'U' on and infinite loop which is (b01010101) easier to detect in the scope and the changes in both the user_config.g and twrvf65gs10_a5.h (Check patch attached, zip file) I just rebuilt bsp, psp and the hello projects after applying the changes.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
juangutierrez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It looks fine, just make sure you also have change the preceding #if BSPCFG_ENABLE_TTYA in twrvf65gs10_a5.h file

twrvf65gs10_a5.h

------------------------------------------------------

#ifndef BSP_DEFAULT_IO_CHANNEL

#if BSPCFG_ENABLE_TTYA

#define BSP_DEFAULT_IO_CHANNEL                    "ttya:"

#define BSP_DEFAULT_IO_CHANNEL_DEFINED

Do you have any signal before the  RS232 to USB converter? I mean directly in the PTB10 and PTB11.

0 Kudos
abdulnihad
Contributor III

Hi,

As you said i already added #if BSPCFG_ENABLE_TTYA.

But no signal on PTB10 and PTB11. I have connected even oscilloscope in TP12 and TP14.

Our hardware is designed to use PTB10 and PTB11 as terminal..Please let me know how to fix this issue.

BR/-

Nihad

0 Kudos
juangutierrez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I have connected the scope in TP12 and ground and I'm able to see the signal with timeslices of 8.6us (baudrate = 115200) as expected.

I just modified the hello.c file to send an 'U' on and infinite loop which is (b01010101) easier to detect in the scope and the changes in both the user_config.g and twrvf65gs10_a5.h (Check patch attached, zip file) I just rebuilt bsp, psp and the hello projects after applying the changes.

0 Kudos
abdulnihad
Contributor III

Rosas,

Thanks very much...Its worked now...I just removed project from DS-5 and reloaded and do a clean build..it worked now..I dont know why...Some time DS-5 forgot to reflect the changes..

Some time I can see pointer corruption when I do step debug using DS-5 and DSTREAM. Any way thanks for your valuable time. Now I am facing issue with I2C0.. It fails some time..will post issue in new thread.

BR/-

Nihad

juangutierrez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, DS-5 is very picky and sometimes does not reflect the changes just after a clean build. Sometimes is a pain.

0 Kudos
abdulnihad
Contributor III

Hi,

Any hope to get a support for this?.

BR/-

Nihad

0 Kudos
alejandrolozan1
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Nihad,

Please make sure that the IOMUXC_PTB10 and PTB11 are not modified by any other driver.

And remember to recompile BSP and PSP. Before recompiling your application.

Best Regards,

Alejandro

0 Kudos
abdulnihad
Contributor III

Hi,

No other driver uses that pin. I always recompile the BSP and PSP When ever I did any changes in BSP. Still I am not getting any output.

Could you please try in vybrid tower and let me know what is wrong here. Request you to sent reply ASAP.

BR/-

Nihad

0 Kudos