ADC DIFFERENTIAL TO SINGLE ENDED CONVERSION

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADC DIFFERENTIAL TO SINGLE ENDED CONVERSION

cmcc
Contributor I

On the K10 48 pin microcontroller, pins 7 and 8 are ADC0_DP0 and ADC0_DM0- differential inputs. We are trying to optimize use of single ended inputs. Is there a way to use these pins for single ended inputs? If we set one of these pins to ground, will the other essential become a single ended input? Is there a way to use both of these pins for single ended input?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Chris,

There are below describtion in K10P48M50SF0RM:

"All DADPx inputs may be used as single-ended inputs if the DIFF bit is low. In certain MCU configurations, some DADMx inputs may also be used as single-ended inputs if the DIFF bit is low. Refer to the Chip Configuration chapter for ADC connections specific to this MCU."

ADC DM may also.jpg

ADC single ended.jpg

Best Regards,

Robin

0 Kudos

mihaicoca
Contributor I

Hi Robin,

Primarily, i am beginner in this field, but I  have a question about differential mode, specifically about the configuration of registers. I am using a PK60DN512VMD10 core on TWR-K60D100M and I am working in CW 10.3. I want to process data taken from a linescan camera on ADC0 in differential mode. As it is in the table above, for using ADC0_DP0 and ADC0_DM0 in differential mode i need to set ADC0_SC1A_DIFFERENTIAL and put 0x0 value in ADC0_SC1A_ADCH. As I read so far, i understood that only these two things must be configured  to get data to be processed by the convertor. Physical ADC0_DM0(J4 ,PIN 9) is grounded and ADC0_DP0 (J4, PIN 8) is connected to AOUT signal of the linescan camera. I made this configuration without any result.

I am not sure that i understand the operation of the convertor and that I need help or a example code if possible.

Thanks,

Mihai

0 Kudos

egoodii
Senior Contributor III

According to table "3.7.1.3.1.1 ADC0 Channel Assignment for 48-Pin Package" in K10P48M50SF0RM, these inputs are individually valid in 'single-ended' mode, as selections 0 and 19.

0 Kudos