cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interfacing SPI with vF5xx processor

Jump to solution
ramakrishna
Contributor I

hi I am  planning to use MVF51NS151CMK50 vybrid processor and I have four SPI based devices. One is wifi module which communicates via spi and has 4 data bit signals. Other 3 are RTCs and EEPROM . Please let me know the necessary pin details to interface with the processor. I have referred the data sheet and I could see DSPI. Can you get me some application notes about DSPI and how it is different from standard SPI. Does freescale has any reference designs available for vybrid controllers. It will be very helpful for me to understand if you can share any reference designs.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
naoumgitnik
Senior Contributor V

Hello Rama,

• Both vF5xx and vF6xx have the same number of DSPI interfaces.
  • Generally speaking, Vybrid's pins are shared among various interfaces; to demonstrate in a reference design how a specific interface operates, it is enough to have 1 of them; having more demonstrates nothing new compared to 1 but "steals" pins from the other interfaces, which should be demonstrated, too.
  • The SPI interface is described in detail in the Vybrid Reference Manual (can be found on our web site).

Sincerely yours, Naoum Gitnik.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
naoumgitnik
Senior Contributor V

Hello Rama,

• Both vF5xx and vF6xx have the same number of DSPI interfaces.
  • Generally speaking, Vybrid's pins are shared among various interfaces; to demonstrate in a reference design how a specific interface operates, it is enough to have 1 of them; having more demonstrates nothing new compared to 1 but "steals" pins from the other interfaces, which should be demonstrated, too.
  • The SPI interface is described in detail in the Vybrid Reference Manual (can be found on our web site).

Sincerely yours, Naoum Gitnik.

0 Kudos
karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

timesyssupport can you attend this case?

0 Kudos
timesyssupport
Senior Contributor II

Hello,

Timesys provides support for the VF6xx platform. This question may be better intended for the Freescale design team.

Thanks,

Timesys Support

0 Kudos
karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Ok, thanks. I will check internally.

0 Kudos