imx6 quad unable to decode 720p 60fps video streaming using VPU

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx6 quad unable to decode 720p 60fps video streaming using VPU

radojko
Contributor II

I'm unable get picture without artifact for RTSP video streaming with H264 codec in 720p 60 fps using VPU.

My test device is imx6 quad (CuBox-i4Pro) and have the same issue on Android 4.3, latest GeexBox(XBMC) and Debian Jessi. In all cases CPU load is about 10% and this problem exist only with RTSP stream, local video file playback is perfect.

Does anyone have experience with network stream and imx6 decoding capability?

Labels (5)
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi radojko

could you try to decrease fps to 30fps, this may be due to bandwidth limitation.

Also suggest to try latest 3.14.52 BSP, refer to attached Guide sect.7.3.12 Real

Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP) playback

Board Support Packages (29)

L3.14.52_1.1.0_MX6QDLSOLO (REV L3.14.52_1.1.0)

http://www.nxp.com/products/microcontrollers-and-processors/arm-processors/i.mx-applications-process...

Also refer to attached Release Notes Table 34. RTSP streaming server specification,

seems vp8 is not supported.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

kushalrudra
Contributor I

Hi I am having a similar issue while trying to decode VP8 stream using VPU imx6. did you figure out what the issue was? I am currently trying to debug the Openmax IL component. The code is absolutely horribly written and not handling the case for VP8 decoding properly.

0 Kudos