cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to program the TWR-VF6GS10

pierremalherbe
Contributor II

Hello,

I have already received some elements of answer about this question in another topic (thank you all), but that topic was also about some different issues so I am starting a new one only dedicated to the programming of the board.

Could someone be kind enough to explain me how to start programming my TWR-VF6GS10 step by step please? I have read several pdfs but I cannot get it to work.

Here is what I already did:

- Following the instrucitons of the document: OPENSDAUG.pdf, I copied the CMSIS-DAP.S19 file onto to board, while under the bootloader mode. I then unplugged the board and plugged it back in.

- I followed the instructions of the Vybrid DS-5 Getting Started Guide. There are however some differences between what is described in the guide and what happens on my computer. I am not sure which one are relevant.

page 7 of the guide:

pastedImage_0.png

What I see on my computer:

pastedImage_1.png

page 9 of the guide:

pastedImage_4.png

On my computer: I do not see these two options. Instead: this window appears:

pastedImage_5.png

Page 9 of the guide:

pastedImage_7.png

This is as far as I could go since I could not establish a connection with the board. The only connection detected was in the first Vybrid Cortex-A5 CMSIS-DAP:

pastedImage_8.png

However, when I selected this connection, the Debug button remained grey.

In all the other sections, there was no connection detected:

pastedImage_9.png

Thank you all very much for your help.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

jackblather
Senior Contributor I

If you look at the "Files" tab, you can see that there is an "X" on it. This means there is something wrong therein....

0 Kudos

alejandrolozan1
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, on my setup there is something wrong because I have compiling errors.

But in your case, your images 6 and  7, the Files Tab have also "x"  that means either that the project has compiling errors or you are not choosing the correct .afx file generated by the correct target (DDR, SRAM, debug or release).

0 Kudos

pierremalherbe
Contributor II

Ok thanks I think I found what the problem came from.

In the following of the guide however, they ask to check one of those two boxes:

Any idea why they do not appear in my version of Eclipse? Do you know where I can find them?

The version of Eclipse I am using came from a zip file named: DS500-BN-00022-r5p0-17rel1

0 Kudos

alejandrolozan1
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

On the Files tab you have to make sure that you are chosing the correct .afx file to load.

You can look for the file either in your workspace or the File System.

Captura.PNG

I hope this helps.

Alejandro

0 Kudos