cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ON/OFF pin on IMX6 Device

guslabao
Contributor III

Hi All,

I am trying to find out why the ON/OFF pin does drive the PMIC_REQ_ON pin low.  I have a button to GND connected to the ON/OFF pin on the IMX6D device.  In OFF mode and initial power up, the SNVS is at 3.0V provided by a PMIC.  When I press the ON/OFF button, I am expecting PMIC_REQ_ON pin to go low so it will turn ON the PMIC.  I don't see the PMIC_REQ_ON pin on IMX6 go low after a button press.  What are the requirements for the ON/OFF pin and PMIC_REQ_ON to work on initial power up.

Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The TEST_MODE pin defines usage of ONOFF signal. In normal usage the test mode pin is always

supposed to be low. When the TEST_MODE pin is high, it enables an alternate function of ONOFF,

which is RESET_IN_B. The datasheet specifies that TEST_MODE should be tied to ground or floated

(because it has an internal pull-down). With TEST_MODE always low, the ONOFF button/signal does

not pass through as a reset to the SRC.

Next, ONOFF signal has internal (100 KOhm ) pull-up, so can be left floating.

But under noisy environment – if internal 100 KOHm pull up is not strong enough – an external

resistor (of 10 KOhm) may be applied.

0 Kudos