cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

codewarrior MCU v6.3 to eclipse migration => link error

Lo_cD_
Contributor I

Hello,

I try to migrate some project made with Codewarrior for MCU v6.3 (Special Edition) to new Eclipse v10.5 (Special Edition)

For project based on HCS08, it work fine. I create a new project, then copy c file, header and PRM file.

I can build and debug quickly.

For project bases on Colfdfire V1 (MCF51AC256A), I get following error :

Overflow in segment: code from section: .text Segment reserved size is: 0x0000f5fb -- Overflow of: 0x00001b69

I created a project in Eclipse and copied c file, header file and lpr file, in the same way as HCS08 project.

I can't understand why I get this error instead lpr file work fin on classic IDE.

Have you any idea?

Regards,

Loïc

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There is a little difference in the compiler of CW10.5 and old Classic CW, since new version fixes the bugs and improves the performance.

To learn why the application costs more memory when built with Eclipse CW, your may set the length of section for .text to '0', like below:

flash                      (RX)        : ORIGIN = 0x00000000, LENGTH = 0x00000000

The purpose of this 'trick' is just to get the MAP file, because linker will not generate this file if the project is not built though. After get the MAP file in CW10.5, please compare it with the MAP file generated in CW6.3, then you will get to know why it costs more memory, then try to find a solution.

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

can you please upload your project so that we can check? thanks!

0 Kudos