cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help needed on imx6 vpu lib usage code

Jump to solution
pradeepr
Contributor II

I tried running the imx6 vpu library code got from net @ https://github.com/ahmedammar/imx-testing-apps-misc/blob/master/libvpu_encode.c

From the prints I see that first I frame seems to be of size ~ 14K and successive P frames are of size ~15K. Is this possible?

It seems there is some issue. Is the vpu lib usage wrong or the library itself is problematic? Can anyone please help?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
pradeepr
Contributor II

Hi,

I resolved the issue by allocating more frame buffers and sub-sampling buffers with proper frame indexes to VPU library. I got this fix from another librray "libvpuwrapper" which is a wrapper over Freescale VPU library.

Thanks,

Pradeep

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
chuck1
Contributor III

Pradeep,

I'm having a similar set of issue—please see my post here: i.MX6 VPU H.264 Encoder Quality Issues—would you be so kind as to post your specific solution set?

Thank you,

-Chuck

0 Kudos
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

where did  you get this source code? in fact, current bsp has the vpu api source code, you can use that directly, the path is

<ltib_dir>/rpm/BUILD/imx-lib-11.11.00/vpu.

0 Kudos
pradeepr
Contributor II

Hi,

I am using the vpu library path mentioned by you only. What I meant was that from the above link I got source code for an application which uses the vpu librray APIs for H264 encode. With that I am seeing the issue.

0 Kudos
YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Pradeep

Had your issue got resolved? If yes, we are going to close the discussion in 3 days. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos
pradeepr
Contributor II

Hi,

I resolved the issue by allocating more frame buffers and sub-sampling buffers with proper frame indexes to VPU library. I got this fix from another librray "libvpuwrapper" which is a wrapper over Freescale VPU library.

Thanks,

Pradeep

0 Kudos