what are the differences between FLASH_LDD and CPU Build Options?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what are the differences between FLASH_LDD and CPU Build Options?

mehdikarimibiuk
Contributor V

I need to know what are the differences between using the Build options for configuring the memory (flash and RAM) and using the FLASH_LDD component, both are in PE (one is part of CPU and the other is part of components lib)?

My chip is MK10DN512ZVLL10 and I have a bareboard project with processor expert.

Below is what I have:

for Build options I have default values to generate the linker file

can someone tell me how i can configure this linker file, even though, my code is working fine, but i need to understand these partition assignments in detail for my memory (i suppose this is for flash only? or RAM too?).

and this is what I see when I add a FLASH_LDD component:

so can you tell me what is the difference between flash_ldd and build option linker file memory partitioning?

Thanks

Mehdi

Labels (1)
2 Replies

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Mehdi:

I see you are receiving help about this with SR# 1-1285992531.

But just to confirm, FLASH_LDD component provides you with methods (APIs) to write/read to your flash memory. The PFlash0 and PFlash1 blocks refer to the physical structure of your program flash. The flash is divided in 2 x 256 KB blocks.

As for the build options of the CPU component, this is to create the linker file. The lcf file tells the linker where to place code, constant/variable data, interrupts, custom sections, etc.

And no, these partitions are not only for flash, this is for both: FLASH and RAM.

Hope this helps clarifying.

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mehdi,

The build configurations options are used to generate the linker file. This file is used by the build tools (the compiler and the linker) to know in which memory address are they going to place the code and data of the application.

On the other hand, the Flash_LDD is a flash driver used to configure the Flash controller. If you right click on the Flash_LDD component and select 'Help about component' you will find the following general information:

This component implements an access to an on-chip flash memory. Using this component the flash memory could be written to, erased, read from. Some other services would be provided, if they are supported by hardware, e.g. changes of the flash memory protection state.

You will see also information about

Properties

Methods

Events

Types and constants and

Typical Usage

Hope this helps!

If you have any questions or comments let me know.

Carlos