how does the Mfgtools works?how to customize ucl.xml?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how does the Mfgtools works?how to customize ucl.xml?

senixsenix
Contributor I

This is abstracted from the ucl2.xml( Mfgtools-Rel-13.01.00_ER_MX6Q_UPDATER).

I have some questions about it:

<UCL>

<CFG>

<STATE name="BootStrap" dev="MX6Q" vid="15A2" pid="0054"/>

<STATE name="Updater"   dev="MSC" vid="066F" pid="37FF"/>

</CFG>

<LIST name="ubuntu-SabreSD-eMMC" desc="Choose eMMC android as media">

/*this is the first stage-"BootStrap", the pc communicate with bootrom through usb( vid="15A2" pid="0054"), pc send the uboot-"u-boot-mx6q-sabresd.bin",kernel--"uImage",rootfs--"initramfs.cpio.gz.uboot" to the bootroom.

bootroom put these files at ram.

then bootroom jump into the uboot at the ram,then uboot jump the the kernel,then a little rootfs is booted

I want know all the CMDs with the state="BootStrap" will be handled by bootrom?

*/

<CMD state="BootStrap" type="boot" body="BootStrap" file ="u-boot-mx6q-sabresd.bin" >Loading U-boot</CMD>

loadSection="OTH" setSection="OTH" HasFlashHeader="FALSE" >Loading Initramfs.</CMD>

<CMD state="BootStrap" type="jump" > Jumping to OS image. </CMD>

/*

this is the second stage-"Updater", now the little roofs control the imx6, it is a little linux os. and There is a app in the  little linux os,which open a usb device(  vid="066F" pid="37FF") and

communicate with pc through this  usb device(  vid="066F" pid="37FF").

all the CMDs below, with the state="Updater", will be handled by the little linux os on imx6?

How the  uboot-"u-boot-mx6q-sabresd.bin",kernel--"uImage",rootfs--"initramfs.cpio.gz.uboot" are built?

How can I custom these files?where is source code for the  "initramfs.cpio.gz.uboot"?

There should be a app will handle the CMDs from pc, where is the source code?

*/

<CMD state="Updater" type="push" body="$ ls /dev/*"/>

</LIST>

</UCL>

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Senix,

The mfgtool works according to the file ucl2.xml. The files you refer to uboot-"u-boot-mx6q-sabresd.bin",kernel--"uImage",rootfs "initramfs.cpio.gz.uboot" , you can build them using LTIB or Yocto. Details you can reference to i.MX_6Dual6Quad_SABRE-SD_Linux_User's_Guide.pdf.

Have a great day~~

Best Regards

Dan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos