AnsweredAssumed Answered

how does the Mfgtools works?how to customize ucl.xml?

Question asked by senix senix on Feb 11, 2014
Latest reply on Feb 26, 2014 by Rita Wang

This is abstracted from the ucl2.xml( Mfgtools-Rel-13.01.00_ER_MX6Q_UPDATER).

I have some questions about it:

<UCL>

<CFG>

<STATE name="BootStrap" dev="MX6Q" vid="15A2" pid="0054"/>

<STATE name="Updater"   dev="MSC" vid="066F" pid="37FF"/>

</CFG>

<LIST name="ubuntu-SabreSD-eMMC" desc="Choose eMMC android as media">

/*this is the first stage-"BootStrap", the pc communicate with bootrom through usb( vid="15A2" pid="0054"), pc send the uboot-"u-boot-mx6q-sabresd.bin",kernel--"uImage",rootfs--"initramfs.cpio.gz.uboot" to the bootroom.

bootroom put these files at ram.

then bootroom jump into the uboot at the ram,then uboot jump the the kernel,then a little rootfs is booted

I want know all the CMDs with the state="BootStrap" will be handled by bootrom?

*/

<CMD state="BootStrap" type="boot" body="BootStrap" file ="u-boot-mx6q-sabresd.bin" >Loading U-boot</CMD>

loadSection="OTH" setSection="OTH" HasFlashHeader="FALSE" >Loading Initramfs.</CMD>

<CMD state="BootStrap" type="jump" > Jumping to OS image. </CMD>

/*

this is the second stage-"Updater", now the little roofs control the imx6, it is a little linux os. and There is a app in the  little linux os,which open a usb device(  vid="066F" pid="37FF") and

communicate with pc through this  usb device(  vid="066F" pid="37FF").

all the CMDs below, with the state="Updater", will be handled by the little linux os on imx6?

How the  uboot-"u-boot-mx6q-sabresd.bin",kernel--"uImage",rootfs--"initramfs.cpio.gz.uboot" are built?

How can I custom these files?where is source code for the  "initramfs.cpio.gz.uboot"?

There should be a app will handle the CMDs from pc, where is the source code?

*/

<CMD state="Updater" type="push" body="$ ls /dev/*"/>

</LIST>

</UCL>

Outcomes