Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FBx / fbcon rotation

Jump to solution
Nouchi
Senior Contributor II

Hello,

What is the best way to make frame buffer and console rotation working like this: echo 1 > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/rotate  ?

/sys/class/graphics/fb0/rotate exists, cat /sys/class/graphics/fb0/rotate return 0, but writing into it, turns the display in blac

Emmanuel

Labels (5)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
timesyssupport
Senior Contributor II

Hi,

It is a known issue that the DCU driver does not support rotation. We do not have an ETA for a fix at this time; if this is a time-sensitive issue, Timesys can pursue under a services agreement.

Thanks,

Timesys Support

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
naoumgitnik
Senior Contributor V

Hello Emmanuel,

I am a bit confused - is it posted in the right Community space? If so, may you refer to a specific Vybrid document / clause / page, please?

Regards, Naoum Gitnik.

0 Kudos
Nouchi
Senior Contributor II

Hello Naoum,

I'm working on a TWR-65GS10 kit with timeSys factory. I'm using a 7" WVGA(800*480) display, and it's positioned in portrait mode, so I need to rotate something, frame buffer, console and QT environment. For Qt it's easy, just use -display "transformed:rot90:1" option in command line, but for the frame buffer or console, it's not so easy, that why I ask some help about this.

The classic way to do that with linux is to use /sys/class/graphics/fb0/rotate for frame buffer rotation and /sys/class/graphics/fbcon/rotate for console rotation, and it doesn't work.

regards,

Emmanuel.

0 Kudos
karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

timesyssupport can you  attend this case?

0 Kudos
timesyssupport
Senior Contributor II

Hi,

It is a known issue that the DCU driver does not support rotation. We do not have an ETA for a fix at this time; if this is a time-sensitive issue, Timesys can pursue under a services agreement.

Thanks,

Timesys Support

0 Kudos
carlovalgocela
Contributor III

Hi,

Any updates on DCU driver supporting the framebuffer rotation?

0 Kudos