M5329EVB - Audio

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M5329EVB - Audio

sygi
Contributor I
Hi. I'm a newbie. I want to build a simple mp3 player using LTIB tool to build the target uClinux image. At the moment one problem has occurred. When I try to play various mp3 files I only hear scratching sound coming out. I wondering if I need whole ALSA package to solve this (I am trying to build it but there is some error with ldl library). Any thoughts ?.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

will76
Contributor I
Hi,

I'm also working on M5329EVB. I have a touch screen device  interfacing with it and all I want to do is making a sound whenever I touch the screen. I've seen  that you didn't manage to play your mp3 application but at least you have a sound. Could you tell me about the procedure you did to have that ? What did you configure in LTIB ?
Best regards,
William
0 Kudos

sygi
Contributor I
Hi As player I used mp3player available in full uClinux-20070130 distribution. I simply build it as standalone application (changing the Makefile). As I said the sound is scratching. Probably because of the bad sample rate or bit width. I wondering If I need ALSA package. Bu with it LTIB shows errors during compilation (libdl library missing). About options in LTIB: I checked Sound support (Device Drivers -> Sound) and MCF5329 Audio Driver (Device Drivers -> SPI). PS. Does Your Touchscreen work properly ??(What LCD are You using ??) Regards sygi
0 Kudos

will76
Contributor I
Hi,

You've built uCLinux  from  the BSP provided  by Freescale , right ? If so, where did you find mp3player ?
About the LCD display, I'm using LCD-3.5-QVGA-20 from LOGIC. The touch function didn't work very good, but I met a Freescale engineer in a seminar and he gave me a modified BSP where the touch function is working fine.
Regards,
William

0 Kudos

sygi
Contributor I
Hi As I said the mp3player is available in full uclinux distribution. You can download it from www.uclinux.org. The mp3player is in the /usr directory of the tar.gz archive. The fastest way is to build the mp3player as simple uclinux application. To do this You need m68k-uclinux-tools (also available on the site). In the Makefiles of the mp3player add: CC = m68k-uclinux-gcc LDFLAGS = -elf2flt -m5307 -I path of the uclinux kernel is(/opt/ltib-m532xevb-20061117/rpm/BUILD/linux/include) After successful compilation put binary into rootfs directory (eg. /opt/ltib-m532xevb-20061117/rootfs/usr/bin) of the LTIB and rebuild image, or mount local directory with mp3player using NFS (nice for quick checking). You could try add ALSA package to the image. Maybe You will have more luck with compilation :smileyhappy: PS: My TS also is't working very well. Could You provide me this modified code for TS ?? or at least tell me what the problem was ??. Thanks Regards
0 Kudos

will76
Contributor I
Hi,

Well, there had been a lot of changes in the code driver. As I said, I just installed a modifed BSP given by a Freescale engineer. Just give me your e-mail adress and I'll send it.
Regards,
William
0 Kudos

sygi
Contributor I
sygi@mikroel.pl Thanks Best Reagrds
0 Kudos

will76
Contributor I
hi,

I couldn't build ALSA packages either. The compilation won't work. 
Did you get an error when checking MCF5329 Audio Driver (Device Drivers -> SPI). It doesn't compile either. I'm having an error saying :
arch/m68knommu/platform/532x/spi-mcf532x.c : 105 : error : expected '}' before '{' token
It's kind of weird because everyhing seems fine...
0 Kudos

sygi
Contributor I
I had the same problem. Simply edit this file and add comma after closing bracket in the line where the error occured. Regards
0 Kudos

sygi
Contributor I
There is some problem with sampling rate or bit width (mp3play application).

I have tried to play PCM coded samples (wave files), with "Vplay" (also available in full uclinux distribution). I used settings from this post:
http://forums.freescale.com/freescale/board/message?board.id=CFCOMM&thread.id=2959
The sampling rate of my file was 44100. Command to play: ./vplay -b 16 -S -w filename.wav
The sound worked perfect.

PS: There is another mp3 player called MADplay.

Regards

Message Edited by sygi on 2007-08-17 10:18 PM
0 Kudos