Getting SPI MISO logic level,really need to switch in GPIO?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting SPI MISO logic level,really need to switch in GPIO?

Jump to solution
diegocolombo
Contributor IV

What should i expect if i read the logic level of MISO pin by the PDIR register (GPIOx_PDIR & 0xx),unless the MUX is switched to GPIO from SPI_MISO alternate function?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Diego Colombo,

I don't know which chip you are used, but as I know, our Kinetis K ,KL, KE chip all has the funtion which you need. It is when you configure the pin to other function, not the GPIO function,

you still can read the GPIOx_PDIR to get the pin logic value.

Actually, in the chapter GPIO of our reference manual, it has detail description like the following:

55.jpg

So, if you use the Kinetis K ,KL, KE chip, you don't need to switch to GPIO, just read it directly! I already verify it successfully!

Wish my answer is useful to you!

Best regards!

Jingjing

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Diego Colombo,

I don't know which chip you are used, but as I know, our Kinetis K ,KL, KE chip all has the funtion which you need. It is when you configure the pin to other function, not the GPIO function,

you still can read the GPIOx_PDIR to get the pin logic value.

Actually, in the chapter GPIO of our reference manual, it has detail description like the following:

55.jpg

So, if you use the Kinetis K ,KL, KE chip, you don't need to switch to GPIO, just read it directly! I already verify it successfully!

Wish my answer is useful to you!

Best regards!

Jingjing

0 Kudos
diegocolombo
Contributor IV

Many thanks Jingjining,thanks for hightlighting the part that i missed to notice reading the datasheet

Forgive me if i did't mention what uC i was talking of,

it is about KL series

Have a good day!

Diego

0 Kudos