The camera preview - bottom and top side partially cut-off with adv7180 tvin solution on imx6q platform

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The camera preview - bottom and top side partially cut-off with adv7180 tvin solution on imx6q platform

kenlin
Contributor II

1. I followed the adv7180 tvin design on sabreauto board and did the driver porting (adv7180.c) and board file modification (based on board-mx6q_sabreauto.c from imx_jb4.2.2_1.1.0-ga codebase). Unfortunately, I found the TV video (tested with NTSC/PAL) bottom and top side area were partially cut-off when I launched the android camera app.

2. The preview screen started to scroll when I modified ADV7180 PAL V bit begin register and could see the full TV video content. It seems having to do with the timing parameters(e.g. vsync, blanking)

3. I'm not sure if I need to check CSI_CCIR_CODE_1, CSI_CCIR_CODE_2, CSI_CCIR_CODE3 in ipu_capture.c for CCIR656 interlaced timing. Any suggestions/comments/patches are welcome. Thank you

adv7180_tvin_preview_cutoff_1.jpg

adv7180_tvin_preview_cutoff_2.jpg

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Ken

This discussion is closed since no activity. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion, or create another discussion.

Thanks,

0 Kudos

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Ken

We have not got your response yet and will close the discussion in 3 days. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Ken

Had your issue got resolved? If yes, we are going to close the discussion in 3 days. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Ken,

>> I followed the adv7180 tvin design on sabreauto board and did the driver porting (adv7180.c) and board file modification (based on board-mx6q_sabreauto.c from imx_jb4.2.2_1.1.0-ga codebase). Unfortunately, I found the TV video (tested with NTSC/PAL) bottom and top side area were partially cut-off when I launched the android camera app.

Please check whether resolution settings of image is correct or not ! NTSC is 720x480, and PAL is 720x576.

>>The preview screen started to scroll when I modified ADV7180 PAL V bit begin register and could see the full TV video content. It seems having to do with the timing parameters(e.g. vsync, blanking)

Usually, this issue should be generated by the different standard between carmera and capture IC. For example, camera standard is NTSC, but settings in ADV7180 is PAL.

>>I'm not sure if I need to check CSI_CCIR_CODE_1, CSI_CCIR_CODE_2, CSI_CCIR_CODE3 in ipu_capture.c for CCIR656 interlaced timing

BT.656 format has been supported and works fine in capture driver of CSI, So you don't need to adjust source code.

Hope above advice is helpful for you !

Regards,

Weidong

0 Kudos