cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data rate on TWR-WIFI-AR4100P

amleng
Contributor IV

Hello Community,

I build a FTP server runs on TWR-k60 and connect it to TWR-WIFI-AR4100 to get access to the files on the SD card. I use a FTP client on windows to connect to the server and download the files over wifi  The concept works well. My only concern is about Data rate. Based on AR4100 datasheet the minimum data rate is 6.5 Mbps (ref: AR4100 System PackageTable 2-1). The data rate I got on my setup is much less than that value..most of the time is something around 200Kbps! I run different sample codes with different FTP clients in different places(indoor and outdoor) and mostly the same results. so, my question is what would be the bottle neck of data rate? Can I get higher buard rate by increasing the clock frequency or something like that?

I use CW10.5 and MQX 4.02.

Cheers!

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Amleng,

For wifi, that is the phy rate over the air. However, if the system can only feed the phy at  something less than that, the phy idles most of the time. Typically on a K-series device, with DMA turned for the SPI port, we see a sustaintable 5-10Mbits of throughput. It is still strange why you would be getting so much less. probablyt you have done something on the MCU side that is slowing the rate the data goes over SPI to WiFi device.

Please notice that CPU must handle MQX Kernell, Interrupt Handler, Dispatcher, All the tasks in your application, TCP/IP stack and any other hardware driver.

There are some things you can make to improve the performance:

1) Use the default 4Kb buffer size for sockets.
2) Reduce systick  (BSP_ALARM_FREQUENCY) which is 100 by default.
3) Reduce the number of tasks to avoid context changes.
4) See chapter 2.16 Compile-Time Options and also 2.16.1 Recommended Settings of RTCSUG.pdf and play with Compile-Time options.

Regards,

Carlos

0 Kudos