AnsweredAssumed Answered

Why does a rogue breakpoint get inserted in MQX _sys_open()?

Question asked by Jack Blather on Jan 29, 2014
Latest reply on Feb 7, 2014 by Jack Blather

I've come across what looks like a bug.

Sometimes when debugging, the program does not make it to Main_Task(). Instead, the debugger stops at a breakpoint that has been inserted in _sys_open(). I did not set this breakpoint and it's not listed in the breakpoint list. The breakpoint list has just one breakpoint and that's the one at Main_Task(). Pressing continue doesn't do anything as this rogue breakpoint seems to be permanent. When trying to continue, it hits the breakpoint again immediately and then the debugger stops at that breakpoint again.

The program halts at this breakpoint - it doesn't even reach Main_Task(). I tried cleaning/rebuilding the project, restarting DS-5, rebooting the system, etc but that doesn't help. I have to restore everything from backup and reinsert my changes. This happens every once in a while. It's really aggravating because once this happens, there is no way to fix it. I have to restore the entire system from backup and continue from that point and hope it doesn't happen again soon, but eventually it creeps up and I have to restore again.

Is this a MQX problem or DS-5 or PEx or the debugger, or ???

Attached is the Disassembly view of the running code when it hit the breakpoint.

Other projects seem to run fine.

I have noticed that if I work on a project long enough, this happens. It doesn't seem to matter what project it is.

Anybody have a clue why this is happening and/or how to fix?

DS-5 v5.16

Vybrid Tower Rev G

Ubuntu 32-bit

Processor Expert

Thanks in Advance.

Attachments

Outcomes