cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flexbus for 8bit peripheral

izmile
Contributor III

Hi boarders,

I would like to interface a 8 bit I/O device to K60 processor using flexbus. The timing for the device is as shown in the attached picture. This is like a legacy 8 bit memory where it has separate read and write strobes along with ALE. I am not sure how interface this device to the K60 processor as the flexbus does not provide any suitable bus cycles to support this device. Appreciate any help.

Thanks,

-Ismail

Labels (1)
3 Replies

isabelbenitez
Contributor II

I have 8080 interface now running. I just connect the signal like this:

//FB_CS0_b (CS)

//FB_TS_b (RESET)

//FB_RW_b (WR)

//FB_OE_b (RD)

//FB_AD16 (A0)

0 Kudos

perlam_i_au
Senior Contributor I

Is good to know your device is working!!!

I am just curious about FB_ALE signal, are you using it?

I ask because this signal is related to the FB_TS.

Perla

0 Kudos

perlam_i_au
Senior Contributor I

Based on your diagram I noticed you are using a 8080 protocol from Intel (one signal to READ and other to WRITE), unfortunately  FlexBus only supports 68000 protocol from Motorola (the same signal to READ and WRITE). You can try use the available signals on FlexBus to emulate the 8080 protocol but at this moment I guess there is not such thing like implementation code for it.

Have a great day,
Perla

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos