AnsweredAssumed Answered

Parallel NOR flash address on  'SABRE for Automotive Infotainment Based on the i.MX 6 Series' evaluation board.

Question asked by Steven Cao on Jan 24, 2014
Latest reply on Jan 27, 2014 by Steven Cao

I have a 'SABRE for Automotive Infotainment Based on the i.MX 6 Series' evaluation board.

My onboard CPU is IMX6U which is i.MX 6DualLite processor.

I would like to save U-boot and Kernel on Parallel NOR flash, boot-up from there too. I used the following commands to build U-boot standalone:

cd rpm/BUILD/u-boot-2009.08 

make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=/opt/freescale/usr/local/gcc-4.6.2-glibc-2.13-linaro-multilib-2011.12/fsllinaro-toolchain/bin/arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi- distclean

make ARCH=arm –j4 CROSS_COMPILE=/opt/freescale/usr/local/gcc-4.6.2-glibc-2.13-linaro-multilib-2011.12/fsllinaro-toolchain/bin/arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi- mx6dl_sabreauto_weimnor_config

make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=/opt/freescale/usr/local/gcc-4.6.2-glibc-2.13-linaro-multilib-2011.12/fsllinaro-toolchain/bin/arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi-

The U-boot was built successfully.

Per section 7.6 (Flash U-Boot on Parallel NOR) on 'i.MX_6Solo6DualLite_SABRE-AI_Linux_User's_Guide.pdf,

I used 'tftp' to download to the SABRE board at DDR address $10200000. However, when I ran step 3:

cp.b $10200000 8000000 ${filesize}

The system stuck. I used 'md' command to try to access 8000000 address and the system stuck too and I had to use reset button to reboot it. Apparently, 8000000 is not a legal address.

Two questions here:

1. What is the correct address for Parallel NOR so I can flash U-boot to?

2. Is the Kernel (uImage) the same as the one that was built regularly? In other words, the kernel 'uImage' image is used by both SD boot and Parallel NOR boot.

Thanks,

Steven

Outcomes