MFGTool to flash eMMC for WEC7(iMX6 Dual Core processor)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MFGTool to flash eMMC for WEC7(iMX6 Dual Core processor)

akhil
Contributor III

Hi,

I need to flash the eMMC card interfaced to the iMX6 dual core processor with WEC7 image(eboot.nb0, NK.nb0). Can i use MFG tool for this? Is there any other eMMC flash tool for the same?

Also it is found that there is no option to upgrade WEC7 images in the latest MFGTool.

Thanks,

Akhil

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

akhil
Contributor III

Yes, I am using the BSP for the iMX6 SABRE SD devices from Adeneo Embedded.

Is there any other option to flash eMMC flash with WEC7 image?

0 Kudos

qiang_li-mpu_se
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Even though Freescale hasn't implemented the WinCE7 MFGTool for iMX6, I think the Linux MFGTool can also be used for WinCE Image burning.

For example, you can edit the ucl2.xml in MFGTool, added the followed item to burn eboot.nb0 to eMMC address 0x400 and burn the nk.nb0 to eMMC address 0x80400.

<LIST name="WinCE7-SabreSD-eMMC" desc="Choose eMMC as media">

<CMD state="BootStrap" type="boot" body="BootStrap" file ="u-boot-mx6q-sabresd.bin" >Loading U-boot</CMD>

<CMD state="BootStrap" type="load" file="uImage" address="0x10800000"

loadSection="OTH" setSection="OTH" HasFlashHeader="FALSE" >Loading Kernel.</CMD>

<CMD state="BootStrap" type="load" file="initramfs.cpio.gz.uboot" address="0x10C00000"

loadSection="OTH" setSection="OTH" HasFlashHeader="FALSE" >Loading Initramfs.</CMD>

<CMD state="BootStrap" type="jump" > Jumping to OS image. </CMD>

<CMD state="Updater" type="push" body="$ ls /dev/*"/>

<CMD state="Updater" type="push" body="send" file="files/eboot.nb0">Sending EBOOT image</CMD>

<CMD state="Updater" type="push" body="$ dd if=$FILE of=/dev/mmcblk0 bs=1024 seek=1 conv=fsync">write eboot image to sd card</CMD>

<CMD state="Updater" type="push" body="send" file="files/nk.nb0">Sending NK image</CMD>

<CMD state="Updater" type="push" body="$ dd if=$FILE of=/dev/mmcblk0 bs=525312 seek=1 conv=fsync">write nk image to sd card</CMD>

<CMD state="Updater" type="push" body="$ echo Update Complete!">Done</CMD>

</LIST>

akhil
Contributor III

Thank you for your reply.

But I need to flash the eMMC flash of my custom device with a different RAM, not the SABRE SD device.So I think the file u-boot-mx6q-sabresd.bin is not compatible.

Please share your comments.

0 Kudos

dmitriyaleksand
Contributor II

Hi Akhil,

first of all you need to modify EBOOT to make it bootable by MfgTool. Here i.MX6 ROM API Documentation we discussed BootROM API and its table offset. Check pl_parse_and_handle() implementation: after this fix it becomes bootable by MfgTool with simple script:

<LIST name="SD" desc="Choose SD as media"> 

<CMD type="find" body="Recovery" timeout="180"/>

<CMD type="boot" body="Recovery" file ="eboot.nb0" >Loading EBOOT</CMD>

<CMD type="jump" > Jumping to OS image. </CMD>

</LIST>

As a next step I would suggest to build UUT driver for iMX6 and add it to autolaunch. Then you can try to load this nk.nb0 file ("updater") by adding something like that before "jump" command:

<CMD state="BootStrap" type="load" file="nk.nb0" address="0x10200000"

loadSection="OTH" setSection="OTH" HasFlashHeader="FALSE" >Loading Kernel.</CMD>

0 Kudos

seetha
Contributor III

Yes, SABRE SD uboot.bin is not compatible with your customized device. For that you need to have Linux images for that particular customized platform.

Else you will have to build UUT image and implement MFG tools for WEC7.

SergioSolis
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Akhil, MFGTool cannot be user for WEC7, only Linux and Android.

Are you using the one from Adeneo Embedded?  I would recommend that you contact them regarding the flashing on the eMMC question.

0 Kudos