EIM read errors

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EIM read errors

kwise
Contributor I

I am using the i.MX6S EIM to interface to an FPGA.  I am using 16-bit synchronous reads on a multiplexed A/D bus mostly successfully.  Occasionally when the processor core reads a 32-bit word from the FPGA instead of reading the word correctly it reads the first 16 bits twice in a row.  I am using the WAIT signal to start the data transfer.  I am not using continuous BCLK.  The WAIT and DATA signals all transition very close to the falling edge of BCLK.  I have tried varying the timing on the WAIT and DATA signals from the FPGA without making any difference.  The problem only manifests itself when the processor core is busy with transmitting another file via Ethernet FTP at the same time it is reading data from the FPGA.  The problem often disappears completely when I probe the BCLK line.  Any suggestions?

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

kwise
Contributor I

FYI the errors were caused by a decoupling problem on the RGMII interface.  The EIM and RGMII are sharing a power supply and insufficient decoupling caused the RGMII to inject noise onto the EIM supply pins.  Since BCLK is fed back as an input and used to clock the input data, noise at just the wrong time caused a double clock.  This can be avoided by turning on hysteresis on the BCLK pad.

0 Kudos